Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,171 to 1,178 of 1178
    What terribly sad news about your friend and such a shame you didn't get the job, but their loss, it mustn't have been meant for you and something better will come along soon I'm sure.
    Have a good weekend like Lavender your friend would be welcome here anytime along with her rubber gloves! xx

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job HB. Maybe it means there's something better for you on the horizon. I do hope so. Sometimes these things have a way of panning out.

Very sad news about your friend too. And not so good news from the notes you read about your mum.

Hope you're able to spend a nice weekend with your friend, and that cheers you up a bit.

Sorry to hear your news HB, hope your washing up gloved friend can bring a smile to your face while she visits
    Quitters never win and winners never quit

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Sorry Hillybilly, hope things improve for you to have a good weekend. Shame about the Donkey Sanctuary post. did they give you any feedback? not that it is important, but sometimes potential employers do without asking for it.
    Thanks Tin. They didn't give me any feedback but I did send a reply asking if they would give me some so we'll see.

Friend is here cheering us up with her rubber gloves and we're off to Kenmare shortly for a boat trip

My sister used to turn up on her visits with gloves, bleach, polish, the works. She would bleach the hell out of my house within hours of her arrival. The thing is, my house is and always has been clean and tidy [well not so much tidy these days] but she had no faith in all my eco products, so for days I had to put up with the horrible bleach and polish smell!!! She would also turn up with a pre cooked meal-now this annoyed me, me a Pru Leith trained cook!!!!

HB, I'm late catching up on your thread but wanted to add how sorry I am to hear your news. Must have knocked you for six. I hope other job opportunities will come your way. News of your friend is very sad indeed. Sending lots of wishes your way. Gx

Thanks G x

Feeling a bit down and bleugh this week what with one thing and another so haven't really posted much but have been reading.

After 8 weeks of waiting to hear back re my appeal for BTWEA (it was denied first time around), phoning repeatedly and leaving messages that never get returned, I have an appointment this afternoon with the DSP in which I will (apparently) be given a decision.

In the meantime I have had to keep applying for jobs, which I am doing, but it's demoralising when half the time you don't even get the courtesy of a response or a thanks, but no thanks. Or if you do get a response, it's to be told that the position "was filled internally" Sorry, mini rant.

How are your parents Georgina?

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    Thanks G x

Feeling a bit down and bleugh this week what with one thing and another so haven't really posted much but have been reading.

After 8 weeks of waiting to hear back re my appeal for BTWEA (it was denied first time around), phoning repeatedly and leaving messages that never get returned, I have an appointment this afternoon with the DSP in which I will (apparently) be given a decision.

In the meantime I have had to keep applying for jobs, which I am doing, but it's demoralising when half the time you don't even get the courtesy of a response or a thanks, but no thanks. Or if you do get a response, it's to be told that the position "was filled internally" Sorry, mini rant.

How are your parents Georgina?
    Sorry about the job etc - what's wrong with these people?!

Parents are fine though as everyone will appreciate the blooming goalposts keep changing! They are now in separate buildings which is for the best and working out, but hard to reconcile (new build, high staff ratio, ideal for Dad). This, at a time when I'm clearing and selling their home. No going back....of course we know there really is no going back, but the closer it gets the more sad it feels. I have very very supportive OH and close friends but what feels like the sole responsibility for this is at times overwhelming. Things have been settled though, so just looking forward to getting over this current emotional hump!
    How is you Mum? My mum seems a bit more content if that's the right word, as is Dad though his dementia progression is noticeable - again, we know it's coming but it's still hard to accept.
    Hope your meeting with DSP goes well and that all else is good. Gx