Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3979878889
Results 1,321 to 1,331 of 1331
    HB, just stopping in to say hello and to see how you are?

Mr Amy and myself had a lovely, amazing, fantastic holiday, thank you very much. It's delightful to see Mr Amy looking so much more relaxed and rested and calmer. I don't know how he's not exhausted (I am), but the jet lag doesn't seem to bother him as much as it does me.

Amsterdam and Brussels were great and I'd go back again in a minute. I didn't particularly feel the need to come home, mind you!

So how goes it with you?

Volunteer Host
    Ah, Amy, welcome back!! Glad you had a lovely holiday.

Hi there Amy! So glad to hear you've both had a great holiday! Amsterdam is fun isn't it?

Volunteer Host
    HB, so very sorry to hear about the deaths you've experienced among friends recently. Life is so terribly unfair, and so often leaves us without answers. You and Mr. HB (and dog) take care of each other. Extra warm hugs all round. xx

A whole year has gone by since I finally got Mum out of her CH in the UK to come and live with us for an all too brief period of time.
    No regrets. The UK CH was "not good" IMHO. Mum had a bit of fun, fresh air, good food, dog cuddles and her 80th birthday here at home with us. Then of course the NH for the last 8 months of her life. I wish I could have coped longer but I couldn't. Her needs became too great for me to manage. Or rather I was too feeble to cope with her needs. The NH I found for her was absolutely the best environment for her. As I've said before on here, it really was the epitome of how a NH should be, If ever I need a NH I would choose to go there.
    Jeez, sounds as if I'm trying to justify myself. Maybe I am. I would just like to say that there are BRILLIANT NHs out here if you can find them.
    Mum is still in the kitchen right now, we talk to her
    Last edited by HillyBilly; 14-08-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    You need to get the GM pointy stick out. Don't you dare say you were too feeble. You moved her from one country to another. You did everything you could. Read back on what you did.

Dad has moved from the office where I continually threatened to leave a bottle of vodka, but I still talk to him, nothing wrong in that
    Quitters never win and winners never quit

Volunteer Host
    Too feeble, my foot! You did everything you could, and more. You better set your mum on the GM!

How time passes.

You have been trojan, HillyBilly. Keep chatting to your mum in that kitchen, then listen, I imagine she's contradicting your 'feeble' self-assessment. Her quality of life was so enhanced due to your care and choices.

X

The biggest, caring and best thing you did was organise to move your mum from England to Ireland, just take a look back at some of your posts from that time, heartbreaking but how determined you were and then just to improve things further for your mum she moved into a good care home. I can't remember ever reading anywhere on your thread that she did not settle.

You must get some very strange looks from the dog when talking to mum!

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    A whole year has gone by since I finally got Mum out of her CH in the UK to come and live with us for an all too brief period of time.
    No regrets. The UK CH was "not good" IMHO. Mum had a bit of fun, fresh air, good food, dog cuddles and her 80th birthday here at home with us. Then of course the NH for the last 8 months of her life. I wish I could have coped longer but I couldn't. Her needs became too great for me to manage. Or rather I was too feeble to cope with her needs. The NH I found for her was absolutely the best environment for her. As I've said before on here, it really was the epitome of how a NH should be, If ever I need a NH I would choose to go there.
    Jeez, sounds as if I'm trying to justify myself. Maybe I am. I would just like to say that there are BRILLIANT NHs out here if you can find them.
    Never feeble....just human. We are only capable of so much, and in many ways I think it's a harder decision to have to make to move a parent/loved one to a CH. You did the best and chose the best for your Mum. Gx

Don't you dare describe yourself as feeble. You made sure your mum was very, very well cared for both with you and in her nursing home. Many people are not as fraction as lucky as your mum was having had you for a daughter. X