Quote Originally Posted by Grannie G View Post
    I think I`ve got a headache.
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

I think I`ve got a headache.
    Well try to ignore Nitram's post or you'll have more than a headache, Sylvia!

Deborah Blythe, what have you started?!!!
    "Sometimes you will never know the value of something, until it becomes a memory.” Dr. Seuss

Volunteer Host
    Weirdly, I didn't have to Google it - a very long article on the wrongness of GP and her (very expensive!) ideas and gadgets appeared, for some reason, on my newsfeed this morning! 😱

Folk Week

Even though it's a beautiful day I had to drag myself down to the seaside for Folk Week , it's becoming more and more difficult to join in with the festivities on my own.

There were hundreds of people weaving their way between the stalls which were selling hand made crafts, jewellery, ceramics, garden ornaments and ethnic clothes.

There were food smells from the world's kitchens. Pockets of music from different corners of the seafront, wherever there was a space. There were Morris dancers, clog dancers, group of musicians. The atmosphere was festive , full of enjoyment and wonderful.

I managed 20 minutes .

Sylvia

Former Carer

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

Oh Sylvia I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I do understand though. There was a big food festival on near me today. In fact just up the road from our old house. I couldn't bring myself to go to it.

Thinking of you.
    Izzy

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

Volunteer Host
    I hear, and sympathize, both. We used to love wandering around things like that. And as William became unable for the walking involved, I missed going. But since he's gone, I could go, I intend to go - but when the day comes, I find I don't want to!

Isn`t it difficult.

It`s only here on TP I can express myself without being accused of self pity.

Dhiren and I always loved wandering round community events and occasions. I always enjoyed them but now realise how much I took for granted , never fully appreciating just how good it was to have someone on the same wavelength, to share outings and holidays with.

Now I`m quite happy staying at home pottering about and reading, listening to the radio or watching TP. The trouble is, I feel it`s unhealthy and I should get out as much as possible.

It`s why I made myself go.

Sylvia

Former Carer

About me

After I wrote my reply to you I decided I would go out for a walk as it's lovely evening. I stood on the balcony for a few minutes then came back in. Here I am still playing around with the computer! I doubt the walk will happen. I find Sundays quite hard to do things on my own for some reason. Mind you I don't want anybody's company today either. Hey ho!
    Izzy

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

Oh Sylvia, that could be me. I know I must go out more and do try - but then I think what's the point. I get interested in things I hear about going on but when the time comes I have no motivation to go. There was a 'Street Food' thing on in the arboretum I bought season ticket for in March and have yet to use. It sounded pleasant but knew if I went I'd just get there and wonder why I'd gone. I did some weeding instead!
    "Sometimes you will never know the value of something, until it becomes a memory.” Dr. Seuss

For me it is very comforting to hear that is not just me struggling to find a way to interact with the world outside my door!
    Sunshine.. love and hugs
    Helen

Never take your eye off the ball, it may
    just smack you in the mouth.

Volunteer Host
    I spent the afternoon raking windfall apples off the front lawn and gathering them into a bucket, and then mowed the lawn. I felt SO self satisfied when I came in, because just as I sat down, I wondered what the noise I could hear was. It was heavy rain! Really sudden downpour, but my mowing was done, ha! It passed a Sunday afternoon too! Then I took the apples to Dau, who wants them for Apple Butter, a sort of sweet, spiced spread. It's cooked overnight, slowly, and turns dark brown and just smells like Autumn!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyA View Post
    I spent the afternoon raking windfall apples off the front lawn and gathering them into a bucket, and then mowed the lawn. I felt SO self satisfied when I came in, because just as I sat down, I wondered what the noise I could hear was. It was heavy rain! Really sudden downpour, but my mowing was done, ha! It passed a Sunday afternoon too! Then I took the apples to Dau, who wants them for Apple Butter, a sort of sweet, spiced spread. It's cooked overnight, slowly, and turns dark brown and just smells like Autumn!
    At least you've been active and constructive Lady A.

Sylvia

Former Carer

About me

Volunteer Host
    At least you've been active and constructive Lady A.
    Needs must, Sylvia, but that's probably a good thing!