Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 95
  1. #16
    Volunteer Moderator KatherineW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,661

    4. Moved buttons

    We have moved some buttons (‘Post new thread’, ‘post a comment’) from the left hand side of the screen to the right, as our user testing project last year showed that this was where people expected to find these sorts of options.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. #17
    Volunteer Moderator KatherineW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,661

    5. Re-worded commands

    We have re-worded some commands with the aim of making them clearer (jargon was another issue identified by user-testing).

    ‘Reply with quote’ has changed to ‘Respond to member’ and ‘Reply to thread’ has changed to ‘Post a comment’.

    To respond to a discussion, just click on the ‘Post a comment’ button at the top right or bottom right of the page.

    To quote another member’s post in your post, click on ‘Respond to member’.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #18
    Registered User lin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Herne bay kent
    Posts
    9,327

    Factsheets

    Where are they, their used to be a link be top right of each page, now its gone
    Lin

    Daughter and former carer

    If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

    Odd words mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my naughty iPad

  4. #19
    Registered User Noorza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,604
    It has all changed this morning.

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    --Reinhold Niebuhr

  5. #20
    Volunteer Moderator Izzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    52,123
    Not sure if it's the quickest way but there's a link at the top to Alz Soc resources. If you click on that you'll see link to Alz Soc website. There's a link to fact sheets there.
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

    ABOUT ME.

    Ca canny but ca awa.

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,693
    What do you think of the 'improvements?'

  7. #22
    Registered User creativesarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    towcester
    Posts
    9,614
    Well I feel highly honoured that i'm the star of the show with my posts
    I do hope other people laugh at them at much as i have just done!
    I sound as though I am permanently grumpy!!

    My grumpometer reading is low today despite a mountain of ironing as I am being presented with a laptop by a local charity to help me do more for the Alz Society now that I have started giving talks about TP and to enable us to start a memory book project and so I can keep my website up to date for fundraising

    www.creativesarah.weebly.com

    I now have it in mind to write a proper e-book on making memory books for people with dementia

    watch this space
    The person who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused

  8. #23
    Volunteer Moderator KatherineW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,661
    Quote Originally Posted by lin1 View Post
    Where are they, their used to be a link be top right of each page, now its gone
    Hi Lin,

    As Izzy said, there is now a new drop-down menu which contains links to lots of Alzheimer's Society resources, factsheets included. This also appears on every page of Talking Point. Factsheets are included in the 'Alzheimer's Society website' section at the top.

    This post might help:
    http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showt...l=1#post786553
    Last edited by KatherineW; 22-07-2013 at 11:52 AM.

  9. #24
    Volunteer Moderator Izzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    52,123
    Quote Originally Posted by creativesarah View Post
    Well I feel highly honoured that i'm the star of the show with my posts
    I do hope other people laugh at them at much as i have just done!
    I sound as though I am permanently grumpy!!

    My grumpometer reading is low today despite a mountain of ironing as I am being presented with a laptop by a local charity to help me do more for the Alz Society now that I have started giving talks about TP and to enable us to start a memory book project and so I can keep my website up to date for fundraising

    www.creativesarah.weebly.com

    I now have it in mind to write a proper e-book on making memory books for people with dementia

    watch this space
    That's excellent news re the laptop!
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

    ABOUT ME.

    Ca canny but ca awa.

  10. #25
    Registered User lin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Herne bay kent
    Posts
    9,327
    duplication
    Last edited by lin1; 22-07-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    Lin

    Daughter and former carer

    If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

    Odd words mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my naughty iPad

  11. #26
    Registered User lin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Herne bay kent
    Posts
    9,327
    Quote Originally Posted by KatherineW View Post
    Hi Lin,

    As Izzy said, there is now a new drop-down menu which contains links to lots of Alzheimer's Society resources, factsheets included. This also appears on every page of Talking Point. Factsheets are included in the 'Alzheimer's Society website' section at the top.

    This post might help:
    http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showt...l=1#post786553
    Thanks Katherine
    But their is no actual link to the factsheet in that dropdown menu
    you have to click on the Alzheimer's website in that drop down menue to find a link to the factsheets, IMO this doesnt seem user friendly to me esp for new members or those of us who are distraught

    Could the link be put back wher it was thanks
    Last edited by lin1; 22-07-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling lol
    Lin

    Daughter and former carer

    If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

    Odd words mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my naughty iPad

  12. #27
    Registered User Noorza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabosse View Post
    What do you think of the 'improvements?'
    Excellent use of inverted commas if I may say so.

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    --Reinhold Niebuhr

  13. #28
    Registered User lin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Herne bay kent
    Posts
    9,327
    Thanks Izzy

    Sarah, thaty is great news, about the Laptop not the ironing though, I have gor a pile myself
    Lin

    Daughter and former carer

    If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

    Odd words mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my naughty iPad

  14. #29
    Registered User limafoxtrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uk Expat
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by lin1 View Post
    Thanks Katherine
    But their is no actual link to the factsheet in that dropdown menu
    If you click on "Alzheimer's Society Resourses" then Alzheimer's Society Website" that takes you to the factsheets. (See attached)

    Lima x
    Attached Images Attached Images  




    Long Distance Carer

  15. #30
    Registered User lin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Near Herne bay kent
    Posts
    9,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabosse View Post
    What do you think of the 'improvements?'
    I like some but not others, for instance what was wrong with 'quote' it's meaning was very clear, the replacement is not

    I quiet like having more seperate forums but do we need so many
    Lin

    Daughter and former carer

    If only I could have Hindsight beforehand, oh what a difference it would make .

    Odd words mis-spelling and punctuation are most likely due to my naughty iPad

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •