Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    New User
    I was reading your posts and was wondering if your doctor's tested you for Frontoltemporal Dementia, due to your age of onset and Parkinson's (which is very common with FTD). Thought it might be worth looking into as some of the treatments for Alziemers disease are contraindicated in FTD.

Carehome assessment visit

I have just had the residential carehome manager call and see me for his assessment, and I have been confirmed for respite care from 10th May...

...his name is Dean, and seemed a real genuine guy, who cares about his residents and their needs... which is refreshing to see with some of the things I have had to endure with my Mam and stepdad's care.

He said I will be most welcome and is looking forward to having me stay there at the carehome on my respite break - so hopefully, things will be fine after a rest and break from it all.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

New User

Bren10

Hi Daryl. I have major respect for you, you sound like such a brave and grounded chap. I do not know how I would cope in your situation but you are in my prayers and I wish you so much luck in your fight x

My Last Post

This is going to be my last post on these forums, as I am finding it difficult to remember where it is, and also adding content that I wasn’t aware was infringing forums rules at the Alzheimer’s Society… I have apologised for that wholeheartedly - it was never my intention.

If you wish to follow my Alzheimer’s progress, then you may access my website, should this be allowed:

www.daryllees.co.uk

I update my page regularly there, and I once again apologise for not following forum procedure with my link to my respite care.

Thanks to all who have supported me here, I really have appreciated your well wishes and support in my continuous battle with Alzheimer’s, both for my myself and my Mam, and my Parkinson’s Disease too…

…Thank you everyone - and goodnight
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Best of luck Daryl!!!
    richard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Read "Our Story" here: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1924

I hope your respite goes well Daryl. x
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

New User

Early Onset Dementia

I too have been diagnosed with progressive non-fluent aphasia - that's a rare form of dementia to you and me. I am 65 at present and my speech, my writing and my balance have been affected but it's only going to get worse. It's like living with a time bomb and I think I have been imagining some things that a down to old age but I don't know. My consultant does not want to see me until November and I have an appointment with my GP on Monday. I feel like I have been left until I get worse - there is nothing I can do about it. I'll see what the GP says. Regards Winnlet

Don't know what's wrong

I don't understand 2 things. The first is what has Daryl done to have to leave the forum but maybe that can't be explained to me?
    But whatever it is I am sure that I am more than capable of it

I am not sure if I can continue to write. I just feel that I can't cope any longer with my diagnosis and whilst I have been known as this flippant vain person talking of beauty therapies ect, the truth is I have hit a wall. For the past week I have spent most of my time in tears and the sense of loss of so many things that we had planned for the future with my husband and family now feel never to happen. I had thought that my family history of alzheimers had set me in good stead as I knew what the begining and end could be like, but now realize that I truly can't cope with any of it and what I think I have done is plan a future for a 3rd person, not me. This was never going to happen to me and I just feel grief stricken. I don't know anyone else that has said that they feel like this and I feel weak, and although my husband is wonderful he just looks desperately sad and helpless. I don't know how long it takes for people to come to terms with their diagnosis and after 2 years I know that I will have to accept it but I can't, but what can do about it? Talking to someone isn't going to make me happier about it or am I just being negative? I am sorry to all the people who have said such lovely kind positive things to me but the truth is I am a sham. I wish everyone the support they need and hope they take care of each other.

Embers I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad. I can't pretend to understand what it must be like for you.

I'm sorry i don't know your story well. Are you getting any support for yourself and your husband?

Please try to keep posting. I'm sure you will get lots of help and support here. Take care. x
    Izzy

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

Daryl/Embers

Please don't leave. You are the reason Talking Point exists. If there is anything we can do to help you, just let us know.

Fiona
    Mistakes and mysterious words in my posts are not my doing...I have now entered the realms of the dreaded predictive text on my IPad!!!

Daryl and Embers

Keep posting please we are here for you

1954 x
    1954 x

It might be a good idea to contact the Alzheimer's Society Helpline:

Phone number: 0300 222 1122

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...egoryID=200365
    Izzy

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

Hi Embers,

Whether you continue to write is entirely up to you, I would hope you do; but, if you chose not to, I do hope you will continue to read and be a part of this group that way. A sham you are not. You have been pushed into a journey, the end of which is not pleasant, and are simply trying to make the best of it that you can. I cannot pretend to fully understand what you are going through, but I have been beside Sharon as she went through it. This disease does not care if you accept it, talking to someone (or staying on here) may help you realise that your feelings are not unusual, nor are they unrealistic. Accepted or not, the ending is bleak no matter how you approach it, that is why (I think) the best you can hope for is to grab whatever joy you can out of every day.

My best wishes to both of you,
    richard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Read "Our Story" here: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1924

New User
    Hi Darryl

I have only just joined the forum and out of curiosity read back over your last few posts and checked your website. I don't know what you have done to infringe the system, but you can't stop posting. You are an inspiration to everyone, with your courage and cheerfulness in the face of such adversity.

We all need to support each other and you need to keep your access to the support system here as well as cheering us all up.

Beakyxx

Anyone having problems finding their posts and replies to their posts just need to click on their own names. This will take them to their Profile and a link to all their Forum Posts.

Sylvia

Former Carer

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me