Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm pleased you got it sorted Daryl and are getting back what is rightfully yours I bet you are relieved,

Jeany x
    You Never Know How Strong You Are Until Being Strong Is the Only Choice You Have,

That sounds very positive Daryl.
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

It is a big relief, and another chapter that I can gladly put behind me...

...now I am leaving the rest to my local MP, who is taking up my plight after her help in the Dementia debate in Parliament and personal replies from her and the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Danny Alexander.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Benefit refund

Since I won my appeal to be put onto the Support grop of ESA, I wasn't informed or aware that I would become entitled to full housing benefit and council tax benefit either.

I have been continuing to pay my excess rent each week, and my council tax every month.... but then the other week I received a letter from my council saying there had been a change to my benefit situation.

To cut a long story short (and mainly because I can't remember what happened in between times ) I have received a cheque to the value of nearly £300 in overpayments by me... I have only got to pay them my home insurance every fortnight now!

Good news at last!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

That brilliant news Daryl, do you have a treat in mind for yourself?

Hugs

Good news is always the best kind
    richard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Read "Our Story" here: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1924

Wow, Daryl, I am seriously impressed with your whole attitude to life, your illnesses, your loyalty, your determination and everything else. You are an inspiration and make me feel ashamed of feeling sorry for myself this week.

I hope you continue in this way for a long, long time. You are a little bit younger than me and I can't imagine taking on this fight with the same spirit that you have done.

Well done that man!

Keep posting because you have uplifted me and I'm sure many others too.

Thanks everyone for the replies...

I have treated myself to a Chinese takeaway for myself and my nephew who lives with me and helps look after things when they get a little too much. We had the meal for 4 order, which cost £40 - and took us two days to eat it!

I have been able to put extra credit into the gas and electric meter too, do they when I get my next benefit payment, I will have a little money left for myself to spend for a change.

I also gave my nephew some money as he goes pay me a little board do I thought it only fair that he gets a little bit back.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

I have got a Social Worker assigned to me now, and she is coming out to see me on the 28 March for a financial and personal assessment.

I think because the new financial year starts in April, she is arranging a care package and activity package for me now that my benefits are stable adn the dementia clinic has recommended that she see me on a hoe visit.

I will update after this to let those of you interested in what has happened.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

it's good to hear that things are starting to fall into place for you. I hope the care package that gets put together is what you want.

Best of luck,
    richard

British Gas discount!

I have received a letter today from British Gas, stating that I qualify for the government's Warm Home Discount scheme with their company.

I have got to take the letter, along with some ID, which I have, to the post office and they will credit my electric key with £130.00. It has come as quite a shock, as I didn't realise that I had applied, or indeed enquired about this... but it is a lovely shock, and will certainly come in handy, especially as the weather is still cold on this official first day of spring!

It means I can now channel spending more money on my gas a little more and have the central heating on more often, instead of just the electric fire!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Mam & Stepdad in respite

Well, after over a year of having to cope with my own conditions, besides having to visit at four/five times a week to my Mam and stepfathers home to give them medications that their carers can't give them... we have finally been able to them into respite care for four weeks. It will be a very welcome break, as I can now actually visit them as a son, and not as a carer.

Their flat is being renovatd by the local housing association, and it will take a least a month for it to be completely done, so the respite care has made things right for all concerned.

It will also give me a desperately needed rest, and I shall be able to recharge my batteries and hopefully be good to go when they are let back to their home.

I have also had a visit last week from my Social Worker, who has gone through my details and was a good listener.

She has recommended that I to have some kind of respite care each year, to give me a complete break from my environment, and help me to react with other people in care at my age with my conditions.

Something I certainly will look forward too!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Hiya Daryl,

Good news that you are getting some respite. Please make sure you take advantage of it and make yourself the priority for a change. You seem to have found yourself with a great SW too who seems to understand what would be of benefit for you too. Glad that positive things are happening for you.

Have fun over the next few weeks!

Fiona
    Mistakes and mysterious words in my posts are not my doing...I have now entered the realms of the dreaded predictive text on my IPad!!!

Respite care for me...

I have had a telephone call from my Social Worker today, telling me that I AM going into respite care for a couple of week from the 10 May... the bloke from the care home has just telephoned me to confirm meeting tomorrow morning.

I AM now having the same care as what I have struggled so long for to get for my Mam and stepdad - a consequence of showing how tired, rundown and confused I AM getting of late... along with the constant struggle to cope with my Parkinson's Disease too.

Goodness, I sound like an hypercondriac don't I reading that back... Believe me, I'm not - I've always got on with things, but I AM getting a little tired now and the confusion states make it a little more difficult to cope on a day-to-day basis.

But I'm still here, and hopefully will be for quite some time to come!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Hey Daryl,

Good to hear that you got some respite sorted out and only a month to wait, that time will fly. Hope you are able to relax and enjoy yourself,
    richard