Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Daryl - You are an absolute inspiration and a blessing. Thanks for just being you and being so open.

With love

Genesis xx

Thank you all for your kind wishes... it has been a bit of a shock with this added condition but I will be OK hopefully. The new medication has been helping, although I still get tremors they aren't so bad as they were before the medication kicked in.

I promise I will try and keep you all up to date, as often as I can, and when I remember too! lol
    Last edited by Daryl2510; 06-12-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Hello Daryl, its good to hear from you and to know that the medication is helping.

Hi all...

Just an update to let you all know that I have been put onto the medication I mentioned as a repeat for my Parkinson's Disease - it has settled well, after a few turbulent days - which I think everyone suffers when starting new medications in their lives.

Also, please visit my website, there is a link to the Alzheimer's Society there... I like to write about what is happening in my life, whilst I still can, and try and update at least once, or twice a week.

My website is: www.daryllees.co.uk

You can keep up-to-date with me there, if I forget to post here, which I am prone to doing, when I lose my Bookmarks!

Thanks for your support, and I hope you visit me soon too!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Just had a very quick look at your site Daryl. Wow. Well done! It looks a very attractive and well laid out site. I should be off to work by now so I'll look properly later. Take care. x
    Izzy
    Former Carer and Volunteer Moderator

ABOUT ME.

Ca canny but ca awa.

Hey Daryl,

Just had a look at your site, good job! a great way to keep everyone up to date on what's happening.
    richard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Read "Our Story" here: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1924

Christmas wishes

Merry Christmas to all here at the Alzheimer's forums...

...I am not religious in any way, shape or form - but I do believe in love of family and friends - and this time of year makes those occasions much more meaningful, without having to involve the technicalities of belief.

Enjoy the holidays as much as you all can with what we all have to endure in this illness - I know I am going to do!

Take care all xx
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Name:  peace_dove.gif
Views: 707
Size:  6.3 KB
    Thank you and Merry Christmas to you.
    Last edited by Grannie G; 24-12-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Sylvia

Former Carer

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet

About me

And a Merry Christmas to you too Daryl.
    richard
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Read "Our Story" here: http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/sc...ocumentID=1924

Gerry Anderson

My deepest sympathies go to the family of the late Gerry Anderson… Thunderbirds creator, and many others from my time as a nipper - absolutely ace programmes!

Alzheimer's Disease has no barriers, no borders and no distinction from any background - a cruel illness that sees people with intelligence (like my mum) gradually brought down to that of the behaviour of a young child - or even worse.

I look at my mum and see a mirror of what is going to become of me - and sometimes it isn't a pleasant site... I can empathise with Mr Anderson's family.

Be at peace.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

*** Happy New Year ***

I Hope everyone has a very happy and peaceful New Year 2013!
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Happy New Year to you and your family too, Daryl.

I hope 2013 is a healthy one for you Daryl and this dreaded disease stays at bay for as long as possible.

Fiona
    x

Online Parliament Petition for Alzheimer's

Following a survey by the Alzheimer's Team on Facebook, I filled in the survey they petitioned for your local MP to go to Parliament on 10 January about the Dementia Debate that took place.

I have received a letter today, personally from the House of Commons from my local MP for Ashfield, Gloria De Piero, in which she thanked me for the letter, and also a copy of the letter she received from Danny Alexander, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, about funding from the Coalition government.

She wrote to him personally after receiving the online petition from me, and others hopefully, and said that my case fascinated her, and would pursue it through the Commons with support, and also asked if that if there was anything personally she could get involved with for me, not to hesitate to ask!

I thought that was nice. The copy of the letter she received from the Chief Secretary to the Treasury was just basically the Prime Minister's promise to support dementia in the speech he gave the other month, and how the Coalition had put over £7.2billion additional funding into adult services... although how the social services and social worker have reacted with my mother, stepfather and myself, you wouldn't have thought it!

But at least I now have an ally in my continuing illness - and she is in Parliament - so that is good for us all with dementia and the care we have to receive... and give!

Take care

Daryl x
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

Benefit changes

*** UPDATE ***

I have received two letters from my local Council with regards to my benefit. I used to have to pay towards my rent and council tax - I always have...

However, and without even being informed by the DWP about any extra help I could get since I won my appeal on the ESA claim, since I was put on the Support related ESA, the council have sent me new notifications.

I am now entitled to 'full' housing and council tax benefit, and have been since I was put on ESA in July last year.... however, I have been paying my rent and council tax like I always have done. The letter from the council has told me that since I won my appeal to go from Work to Support category on ESA it has made changes to benefit.

The crux of it all is I have paid over £300 more than I should be doing in housing rent and council tax, as since July I didn't need to pay anything... now I have got to try and claim all this back - and the council certainly aren't going to make this easy for me, as they say they cannot refund any credit! Well seeing as though I shouldn't have been paying anything in the first place, I am not leaving it at that.

...Here comes another battle with authority - it annoys me when you have done nothing wrong... they are the first with threatening and demanding letters if you owe them anything. I know this, because I received a summons once in 2003 because I owed them - wait for it - 2p ... that's right, £0.02 and they were taking me to court for it. So I went with a £50 note and demanded they take the payment - lets see how they treat me, now they owe me over £300!

I'll keep you informed of events
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl

The above post has now been resolved.

I have been in touch with my local council and they are refunding the £55 council tax they owe me to my bank account, and my local housing association have today sent me an authorisation form for me to fill in, so they can send me a cheque for the excess money I have paid over the past few months... I have got £200+ to come from them.

At least it is in the process of being resolved, and it wasn't really as much hassle as I thought it was going to be.
    ----------------

All the best

Daryl