Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: EMI funding

  1. #1
    New User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    EMI funding

    Hi. My aunt was admitted to a residential home due to deteriotion of dementia. Since being there (5 weeks) she has got much worse. She is showing signs of psychotic behaviour and they cannot cope with her. Social services were funding her. The problem we have is no1 has power of attorney but my mom has applied for courts of protection.
    My aunty has her own property which is left in a will and roughly £14000 in the bank. Social services are now saying my aunt is mentally unstable and want to move her to an EMI unit or a mental hospital ward . Does anyone know if the NHS will fund future care or can the house be forced to be sold. thank you

  2. #2
    Registered User Christin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hello Tracy, welcome to Talking Point.

    I am sorry to read about your aunt. This must be a very upsetting time for you all, and I am pleased you have found TP.

    This AS factsheet re Paying Care Home Fees may be of some help.

    Very best wishes to you, please let us know how you get on. x


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts