Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctors call

Hi Retta,
    It will be good to get away- you need and deserve the holiday
    As you say you've upgraded phone package so if anything happens the ch will be able to contact you.
    I know it's hard,but why dont you try to call them just ONCE a day at the same time (between ch dinner and bed maybe?) for an update.
    That way you can spend quality time with dad. You know if anything happens that the ch will call you ASAP.
    Get some memories made,take pictures,try to unwind- just a little.
    Are you counting down the days like when a kiddie!
    2 weeks always seemed such a long wait before going,but once away,the time flew by.
    Thinking of you packing!
    Ros X

Quote Originally Posted by Rosnpton View Post
    Hi Retta,
    As you say you've upgraded phone package so if anything happens the ch will be able to contact you.
    I know it's hard,but why dont you try to call them just ONCE a day at the same time (between ch dinner and bed maybe?) for an update.
    That way you can spend quality time with dad. You know if anything happens that the ch will call you ASAP.
    2 weeks always seemed such a long wait before going,but once away,the time flew by.
    Thinking of you packing!
    Ros X
    Hi Ros,
    My dad counts down from when I book which is when we return home from holiday, I know I can use my phone as I can at home. So all is good, thanks, haven't packed yet.
    My dad lives for this holiday so I know what you mean.
    Hugs Retta XXX
    Hope all is ok your end x

Hi Retta,
    Hope all is on track for the holiday
    With the current weather,you should have a tan before you get on the plane!
    Will be thinking of you,
    Best wishes
    Ros x

Hi Retta,
    Hope all is on track for the holiday
    With the current weather,you should have a tan before you get on the plane!
    Will be thinking of you,
    Best wishes
    Ros x
    Hi Ros,
    I was sick last week so couldn't visit my aunt, I have got someone who visits their dad in care home to pop in on my auntie while I am away, I have seen her this weekend and tonight, took all essential items and some goodies for her, I haven't really had chance to tan.. Boo, got an hour on Sunday in between cooking.
    I am a lot less stressed as I've put everything sorted for my aunt, hope all is OK your side.Thanks for everything, I will pop on and let you know how everything is.
    Hugs Retta XXX

Hi Retta

I was just about to start my own thread, but then came across this post about you and your auntie and it sounds so similar to my situation...

I also received a call from my granny's doctor last night at 8pm. She has dementia (but no official diagnosis as she has been too drowsy to do the assessments) and has been in a nursing home for the past two months. She is deteriorating on a weekly basis mentally and physically. Three weeks ago we were able to take her out for lunch. Now she is stuck in bed and cannot do anything for herself. She is barely eating and drinking and she also has really bad bed sores / pressure ulcers that are pretty much down to the bone and so painful for her. She goes in and our of being sleepy and drowsy but can still hold a conversation.

The doctor called me to say they don't think she has long left - possibly weeks at best. I rang the nursing home after speaking to the doctor and they made it seem like the doctor was over reacting and that my granny isn't on deaths door and is generally 'okay' for her condition. I am just so confused....is she near the end or might she pull through!? I just do not know what to think and it is so stressful. I have lost my mum and grandfather in the space of six months and I am just desperate for my granny to be okay.

From experience, does anyone think it sounds like my granny is losing her battle with life?

Hi Retta,
    Thinking of you packing!
    Ros X
    Hi Ros,
    My Aunt waited until I got home and passed away peacefully within 6 hours of me getting home.
    Hope all is OK.
    Hugs Retta X

Quote Originally Posted by awebdill View Post
    Hi Retta

I was just about to start my own thread, but then came across this post about you and your auntie and it sounds so similar to my situation...

I also received a call from my granny's doctor last night at 8pm. She has dementia (but no official diagnosis as she has been too drowsy to do the assessments) and has been in a nursing home for the past two months. She is deteriorating on a weekly basis mentally and physically. Three weeks ago we were able to take her out for lunch. Now she is stuck in bed and cannot do anything for herself. She is barely eating and drinking and she also has really bad bed sores / pressure ulcers that are pretty much down to the bone and so painful for her. She goes in and our of being sleepy and drowsy but can still hold a conversation.

The doctor called me to say they don't think she has long left - possibly weeks at best. I rang the nursing home after speaking to the doctor and they made it seem like the doctor was over reacting and that my granny isn't on deaths door and is generally 'okay' for her condition. I am just so confused....is she near the end or might she pull through!? I just do not know what to think and it is so stressful. I have lost my mum and grandfather in the space of six months and I am just desperate for my granny to be okay.

From experience, does anyone think it sounds like my granny is losing her battle with life?
    Hi,
    I am sorry and I know what you are going through, it's hard so hard but my aunt is at peace now.
    Hugs Retta X

So very sad for you,but auntie is at peace and you did everything possible whilst she was in her care home to show her just how much you loved her
    Thinking of you
    Ros

Quote Originally Posted by Rettaere View Post
    Hi,
    I am sorry and I know what you are going through, it's hard so hard but my aunt is at peace now.
    Hugs Retta X

Volunteer Host
    Sorry for your loss Retta. As you say, your aunt is now at peace, and you did everything you could for her while she was here. xx

So very sad for you,but auntie is at peace and you did everything possible whilst she was in her care home to show her just how much you loved her
    Thinking of you
    Ros
    Hi Ros,
    Thank you soo much.
    Hugs Retta X

Quote Originally Posted by LadyA View Post
    Sorry for your loss Retta. As you say, your aunt is now at peace, and you did everything you could for her while she was here. xx
    Hi Lady A,
    Thank you soo much.
    Hugs Retta X

I am so sorry for your loss xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by awebdill View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss xxxx
    Thank you so much.
    Hugs Margi X