Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sue, I'm very sorry to read your sad news-but glad your Mum is now at peace.

I hope you find strength for the times ahead.

Love,

Lyn T XX

Such sad news Sue , thinking of you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point
    Loving a person is like music, what attracts us to them is their melody, and as we get to know who they are, we learn their lyrics

So sorry to hear your news. Mam is at peace now, and with Dad.
    My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family, at this very sad time.
    Wishing you strength over the coming weeks. xxxxx

Sorry to hear your news, thinking of you

Thank you all.

It's early days of course but alongside the feelings of sadness there is a sense of relief and release. Both for mum and for us.

Hopefully mum and dad are together somewhere - and no doubt falling out already! Today is a lovely sunny day and although I'm only doing washing, cleaning the house, walking the dog and so on, I am doing it without feeling I should be with mum or sorting something out for her.
    Sue

Carer and Volunteer Moderator

About me

Quote Originally Posted by sue38 View Post
    I haven't posted a great deal about my mum's journey with dementia, but my mum died yesterday afternoon. 7 years and 8 days after we lost my dad to dementia.

We were told almost 4 weeks ago that mum was end of life, yet despite everything she battled on. Even when we got the call at 4 in the morning that mum's breathing indicated that the end was very near she battled on for another 11 hours. We have been supported throughout by the carers and nurses in mum's care home, for which we are so grateful.

As many of you will understand it's a mixture of sadness and relief that mum has been released.
    Dear Sue,

Your mum is free now but it is you and your family that I am thinking about. I hope you can find peace.

Love and hugs from

MaNaAk

Registered User Canadian Joanne's Avatar
    Sue, I'm late catching up with this but I'm really sorry to hear it. I truly understand the mixed feelings of relief and grief. Rudi joins me in sending our condolences.
    Joanne
    Former carer
    When you've seen one person with Alzheimer's, you've seen one person with Alzheimer's

She is free at last! I am dealing with this myself so I know how much you may be missing your Mum. Love and strength to you.

Deepest sympathy to you and all your family.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" -John Lennon ('Beautiful Boy')

Volunteer Host
    Condolences from one Sue to another. Thinking of you x

New User

Julesey

Hello,
    My sincere condolences to you. I absolutely know how you are feeling as my own Mum died twelve weeks ago having had Alzheimer's Disease for over ten years and lived with us in our home for the majority of that time
    My feelings of grief, loss and loneliness have completely taken me by surprise despite having the most amazing husband and three wonderful grown up children.
    I think just take one day at a time and hopefully we can both come to terms with our loss. With my love to you x