Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm applying for a social workers assessment for funding so I can perhaps go more often.

It's lovely to know that your day centre is so good and that you have enjoyed it.hopefuly you will be able to go more often.
    Mum attended our local age uk for 2 yrs before she went in to ch,dad was assessed as needing help following an accident and now attends the same centre.the staff have always been so up beat and full of life and vigour I'm sure it 'rubs off' on the clients
    Hope your next visit is just as good if not better
    Ros
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakeroat1 View Post
    I'm applying for a social workers assessment for funding so I can perhaps go more often.

Thanks Rosnpton yes I think that extra vigour really does rub off and it's much needed I felt really comforted

My support worker has referred me to a social worker for assessment and says I should hear between 2 weeks to a month. A weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders

I really hope you get the extra days at the day care centre that you so enjoyed
    Ros
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakeroat1 View Post
    My support worker has referred me to a social worker for assessment and says I should hear between 2 weeks to a month. A weight seems to have been lifted off my shoulders

Thanks Rosnpton I will let everyone know what happens

I'm going in to day care again today and I've got my photos ready 1 of me 1 of me at work and 1 at my wedding to Jackie at the beach huts.

My day went well again and my painting has improved too. Talked to 2 others with dementia and heard their stories of how they got funding for day care...here's hoping and praying.

Hope today was as big a success as your last visit.
    Did you get to show / discuss your photos?
    I collected my dad from his day care this afternoon to take him to the eye clinic- he was so chuffed- a 20p game of bingo and he won 32.80- the delight on his face you would have thought it was millions! (Still didn't chip in for the taxi fares,tho!)
    Best wishes for a long and rewarding time at day care
    Ros
    photos ready 1 of me 1 of me at work and 1 at my wedding to Jackie at the beach huts.[/QUOTE]

Glad it's going well. I really hope you get the funding to go more often.

Thanks folks I'm waiting with baited breath....no the photos are yet to be put on the wall. I'm finding everyone so interesting and a new volunteer came in today seemed very nice says she will enjoy chatting with me next week.