Need some support

MinnieMouse

Jun 24, 2012
North West
Hi
My Mum was diagnosed with early onset AD over 2 and a half years ago and is declining which I know is to be expected. What I struggle with is the anxiety I feel inside when she gets to a point where she can't do things for herself. Basically, I order all her food and have to throw out out of date stuff as she can't keep on top of this, she has help to take medication as she would not remember, she needs help to decide what to wear when we go out as she can't think for herself it's warm today I will wear something short sleeved/cool, she needs prompting to wash and do hair and brush teeth and now I have to clean her house as she no longer thinks it needs cleaning as she thinks it's either been done or it's not necessary. Think I just need to get things off my chest to people
Who understand and who are going through the same, thank you for taking the time to read this xxxx

Rolfe

Sep 28, 2014
Hi I fully understand what you are going through, my dad has moved in with me and my wife just over a year ago and he is doing the same things as your mum is doing. It makes you want to pull your hair out and shout and scream at them.

yadit0

Mar 26, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi
My Mum was diagnosed with early onset AD over 2 and a half years ago and is declining which I know is to be expected. What I struggle with is the anxiety I feel inside when she gets to a point where she can't do things for herself. Basically, I order all her food and have to throw out out of date stuff as she can't keep on top of this, she has help to take medication as she would not remember, she needs help to decide what to wear when we go out as she can't think for herself it's warm today I will wear something short sleeved/cool, she needs prompting to wash and do hair and brush teeth and now I have to clean her house as she no longer thinks it needs cleaning as she thinks it's either been done or it's not necessary. Think I just need to get things off my chest to people
Who understand and who are going through the same, thank you for taking the time to read this xxxx

Minniemouse

After reading your post I am in the same situation as you, My mum of 86 has just been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia and does exactly the same as your Mum I to have to clear out out of date and going off food, do the cleaning when she says shes has done it she to does not know how to dress and doesnot remember to change her clothes as I live 45 miles away I have to reley on very good neighbours and friends to fill me in as to what Mum is upt, at the moment I am having a care plan put into place 3 days a week to start with, I hope I to can get some advice as I sometimes get frustrated and upset seeing my Mum this way. Take care.

MinnieMouse

Jun 24, 2012
North West
Thanks. It's heartbreaking isn't it? And I am strong most of the time but at times it hits me so hard, haven't slept all week worrying, I'm even starting to panic at times it's awful. Good luck to you all xxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman