A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 21, 2005
bradford
please can i come

how lovely would that be, to have a great get together, ifeel i know you all so well and think David would really make me laugh out loud, I could chat with Diren about i stuck all those dots on the windows in the bus station in Manchester, and Dee and i could just have a girl to girl chat, if only
love pam, Trev has been taken in for respite because i was losing the plot after 3 nights of no sleep,, been to yoga tonight feel almost myself again and desperate to have him home again, cannot sleep when he is here pacing but cannot sleep without him at my side

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Sylvia. Jan, Pam,

What a lovely idea, a virtual party with us being looked after..............

Going to bed to think about it.

Understand what you mean about respite Pam.

Night-all. love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
1234 said:
i was losing the plot after 3 nights of no sleep,,

Dear Pam,
I hope your Yoga has relaxed you enough to give you a good night`s sleep tonight, even without Trevor.

This is one area where I feel lucky, as we both sleep all night without disturbance. Long may it continue. I had a taste of it when Dhiren was trying Aricept and Reminyl and it wasn`t good.

We will plan our virtual party. Everyone welcome.

Love xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Fiona. you are more than welcome, with or without Kazoo. :)

Grannie G said:
This is one area where I feel lucky, as we both sleep all night without disturbance. Long may it continue. I
Oh why did I say that? :rolleyes:

This morning 2.15 a.m.
D `What happens to my pension?`
S `It goes in the bank.`
D `Why don`t I have it?`
S `Because it pays the bills.`
D `How much are the bills?`
S `It`s quarter past two in the morning. I`m not talking about bills now.`
D `I can`t afford these bills. Do you pay them too?`
S `Of course I pay them. We pay half each.`
D `I`ll have to move out. `
S `You can do what you want.`
D `Don`t you feel guilty, syphoning my money.`
S `Is that what you think I`m doing? Don`t you feel guilty waking me up in the middle of the night?`
D `I didn`t wake you, you were awake.`
S `I wasn`t, but I am now. Go to sleep.`
D ` I haven`t got any money. You are in control, you spend it all. What gives you the right to spend my money?``
S `It is our money, mine and yours together. That`s how it`s always been and that`s how it`s staying.`
D `I don`t know about that. I`ve got to save and I`ve no money left to save.`
S `You saved £100 this month. What are you saving for, anyway?`
D `For my old age.`

And by then I was wide awake, had to get up, and didn`t go back to bed till 5 a.m.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
So sorry Sylvia - it was obviously speaking too soon about a good night's sleep.

Gosh I hope you can get some rest today. I have a feeling that if we met face to face we would have identical 'dark rings' under our eyes!.

Strangely David was not up last night at all just talking aloud in his sleep. That starts me wondering if there is something wrong with his bladder cos its the first time for ages! See, even when things are normal we start worrying.

Take care today

(The party sounds good - I think David might enjoy the kazoo - a long time since I saw him truly enjoying himself!)

Jan

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Sylvia,

So sorry about your missed sleep, conversation sounds so similar to ones I have to listen too. Hope you have a better night tonight.

Dear Sylvia and Bruce,

Fortunately a kazoo being so small will slip inside my handbag, so I can play it or not play it. Just as well I haven't taken up the double bass.......

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Canadian Joanne said:
Sylvia, out of curiosity, how old does Dhiren think he is?

He knows how old he is, he tells me 50 times a day. My 91 year old ex-next door neighbour was saving for his old age too. ;)

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I only ask because once when I asked my mother if she had ever been married, she got very indignant & said "I'm too young to be married". This with her then 50 year old daughter staring her in the face.

My mother lost the knowledge of her age very quickly into the disease. Yet she was able to tell time for a considerable length of time, which usually is one of the first things to go. Strange disease.

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Am posting here because it seems to follow on the theme of not recognising age.

Dee and I were unable to have children and our GP in the early 60's was adamant that 35/6/7 was far too old so we took the necesssary action to prevent conception.

It is obviously playing on Dee's mind as she repetively asks to talk to our GP about the practicality of having a baby. She is over 80.

Patient explanation is useless and she returns to the subject again and again.

It is sad and I'm going to enlist the help of the RM Nurses she really likes to help ease her mind.

But age has gone and emotions are out front now.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Cliff, that must be so difficult for you.

It must obviously have hurt Dee deeply, not to be able to have children, and the hurt has now re-surfaced.

I'd be inclined to avoid explanations, perhaps tell her he's not strong enough just now, perhaps in a few months?

It's devious, I know, but in my opinion justified if it will avoid giving her more pain.

Love,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Cliff, I am so sorry. The phrase 'unresolved trauma' springs to mind. I have witnessed a lot of this with mum ...... why, oh why, they can't remember what they've had for lunch less than an hour ago - but can recall traumas from even their childhood so vividly?

And all the time, you're dealing with your own pain about the same situation and having to remain strong ....

I know much has been said here about releasing inhibitions .... in the 60s it wasn't easy to admit to childlessness...... perhaps Dee is finally finding some release?

My love goes out to you both, Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Cliff,

For most of us, when short term memory goes and long term memory is all that`s left, nostalgia is the name of the game.

For Dee it`s an unfulfilled need, which must be equally painful for you.

I`m so sorry.

Love xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi

Sorry if I am way out of line and off the beam, but if you know of someone with a baby, or a toddler, could they visit?

It may make the situation worse or maybe make it better.

I know that Mum who, at the moment is very agitated calms down, when there is a baby or toddler around. (makes me want to kidnap one for a couple of hours) it would certainly make visits easier.

Dad also loves young children, but then again he has always been wonderful with babies and children.
When my daughters were teething and I had come home from abroad for a visit, WHO WAS WALKING THE FLOOR WITH THEM? MY DAD

It is hard when you think back to the way they were, and what they are now

Love
Alfjess

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
For the last hour he has been searching............. opening drawers, closing drawers, lights on, lights off, in and out of different rooms. He is looking for his bank book, he has lost all control, I have taken his money, I have taken his independence, I have taken his pension, I have made him ill.

So I told him I`m tired of being disturbed night after night. His money is where it has been for the past 44 years, nothing has changed, everything is the same as it always has been.

And I got the bank books out and got the bank statements out and told him this has to stop.............this lack of trust, this interrogation, day after day, night after night.

And he looked at me in surprise and said this is the first time he has asked me, he has never mentioned money to me before, he hasn`t known for years what was happening to his money, and I have deliberately hidden things from him.

All he wants is what is his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.