A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Am pleased it went so well Sylvia, the sun shining and I too remember Dhiren's radiant smile:)xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you all so much.

I have a couple of things to post about which seem quite significant but will wait tomorrow so I can take photographs. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There is a tree on the avenue, a very big, old tree and Dhiren loved it. Every time we walked past it he would say `I bet Charles Dickens has seen this tree.`

On Thursday, the day before we scattered Dhiren`s ashes, the tree was felled.

Tree stump.jpg

I don`t know if anyone remembers this post about a Marigold.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show.................&p=895442&viewfull=1#post895442

Yesterday morning, before we went to scatter Dhiren`s ashes, I spotted this in the garden.

Marigold in garden.jpg

I have never had Marigolds in the garden, although I intend to plant some, the border, as you can see is unattended, so I know it can only have flown in.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
So many coincidences Sylvia, messages definitely:)

I am pleased the scattering went well, I am sure Dhiren would have loved it , you did him proud xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I do remember your marigold posts Sylvia.
Marigold seeds do spread around, but how appropriate that this one chose to flower yesterday.
Everything happens for a reason just as coincidences are so often much more than that.

That tree being felled is so sad.xxx

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Ah Sylvia, I am so pleased that the scattering went so well and that Dhiren's spirit is free.

The marigold is so special and significant. I am sad about the tree, but things happen for a reason.

Love Jan xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I am glad things went well Sylvia....and the marigold was definitely a sign, in my book anyway :)

About the tree, I wonder whether you could look on it that it too has gone on a journey? Freed from its roots in one place? Just a thought.....

All the best :)

Lindy xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think you can see by the angle, the tree was leaning towards the houses. The roots made the footpath very dangerous so I think there was justification in cutting it down.

I`m just glad Dhiren wasn`t there to see it. He had a love for trees and all things green. [ He was the only one in the CH who enjoyed his vegetables ] :)

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Okay, that's a much more practical way to look at it :)

Sorry, I can get carried away at times....:eek:

I'm sure you're right, it was better that Dhiren didn't see it :)

Lindy xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I believe in signs Sylvia

The marigold is one I'm sure-ok I may seem fanciful but I REALLY do believe. In the same vein I'm with you Lindy-that tree is on a journey as Dhiren has been.Set free as you say.

Sylvia your picture yesterday was so serene-such a calm spot. You couldn't have chosen a more lovely place.

Love from

Lyn T XX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope it goes well for you Jeanette and you feel you will have done what Gordon would have wanted. Have you set a date?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
You've presented me with doubts now Sylvia.

I'm not sure what to do about Dave's.
I thought I did, then changed my mind.
Then changed it again.
I want it to be what my daughters want as they are the ones who will be here, not me.
You seem so much at peace. xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Saffie, if it's any help, I did what Dhiren wanted, not what I wanted or what Paul wanted.

Dhiren made his wishes clear when he was well. We both knew he wanted to be cremated. We both knew he wanted his ashes scattered in the Ganges. When we came to live by the sea, I discussed the sea's link to the Ganges with him. He was happy with it.

It is fortunate both Paul and I are at peace with what Dhiren wanted.

Go with what you feel Dave would have wanted Saffie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson