Dad

only daughter

Jun 16, 2014
Surrey
Good Morning
Have not been on here for a while.
Still not sure about Dad sometimes he seems quite with it and then another away with the fairies. When he is like that it seems like he is playing around with us and does it just for attention.
He has been seen by a lot of different people now. Has careers 3 times a day but Mum is his main career. I do as much as I can and as Mum does not really understand what's going on with Dad she is wearing herself out. I said that when Dad insisted he came home it felt like sacrificing one to save the other and that's just how it is. Mum now says she eats because she knows she has to but has no appetite. When she gets up in the morning she dreads the day ahead. I have tried to persuade her to go to a day centre near where she lives but because it's where she went to school she thinks it will be the same as her school days. I have taken her to look at the place but still no joy. I don't know what to do to help her as sometimes she doesn't seem to want to help herself.
Not sure where my head is at the moment as yesterday Dad had a Cardiac appointment and when it was over I left him in the hospital foyer in his wheelchair while I went for the car.The next thing I knew I was at the traffic lights down the road from the hospital and no Dad I had forgotten to pick him up. Didn't know if I should have laughed or cried. I decided to laugh but did not tell Dad what happened.

Its a visit to the nurse today for his ears and my brother is taking Mum food shopping. Life seems to be jogging along at the moment but not sure what's lies ahead.

Its good to have this place to be able to write things down and think I may be here more often soon.

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Memory tricks

:)Sounds like as only daughter you have your hands pretty full. Not surprised your memory failed you for a few minutes. We all get stressed out with our situations, and even our memories sometimes suffer. I know mine does. Sometimes wonder if maybe I'm the one with dementia:). You're doing a great job, so
keep smiling,
malomm

only daughter

Jun 16, 2014
Surrey
Just back home after taking Dad to have his ears syringed unfortunately they could not both be done so he has to be referred to another surgery to have it vacuumed out. Yet another exhausting trip to look forward to. Should be going to have my hair done but I feel so drained I can't be bothered. :(

Leolady56

Aug 9, 2014
South Africa
Also an only daughter

I had to laugh at your post. Good to see I am not the only one who seems to lose her mind sometimes. A few nights ago I cooked two veggies, potatoes, rice (two of moms favourites) and went to the trouble to crumb two slices of chicken schnitzels and served mom her dinner tray in front of the TV. I had to go and hang up some washing - came back to the kitchen and served mom her dinner, on a tray and sat down to watch a bit of TV while she happily ate her dinner. When I went to the kitchen to fetch *my* dinner - I realized that I had served her dinner twice over - she had happily munched her way through the meals and as she can never remember whether she has eaten or not - she did not say a word. The pantry was bare as I was due for food shopping the next day so I ended up having to make myself a sandwich. Hoo boy. AD brain fog regularly occurs in my life - that's for sure - even though I am supposedly not the person with the AD illness. :eek:

Good Morning
Have not been on here for a while.
Still not sure about Dad sometimes he seems quite with it and then another away with the fairies. When he is like that it seems like he is playing around with us and does it just for attention.
He has been seen by a lot of different people now. Has careers 3 times a day but Mum is his main career. I do as much as I can and as Mum does not really understand what's going on with Dad she is wearing herself out. I said that when Dad insisted he came home it felt like sacrificing one to save the other and that's just how it is. Mum now says she eats because she knows she has to but has no appetite. When she gets up in the morning she dreads the day ahead. I have tried to persuade her to go to a day centre near where she lives but because it's where she went to school she thinks it will be the same as her school days. I have taken her to look at the place but still no joy. I don't know what to do to help her as sometimes she doesn't seem to want to help herself.
Not sure where my head is at the moment as yesterday Dad had a Cardiac appointment and when it was over I left him in the hospital foyer in his wheelchair while I went for the car.The next thing I knew I was at the traffic lights down the road from the hospital and no Dad I had forgotten to pick him up. Didn't know if I should have laughed or cried. I decided to laugh but did not tell Dad what happened.

Its a visit to the nurse today for his ears and my brother is taking Mum food shopping. Life seems to be jogging along at the moment but not sure what's lies ahead.

Its good to have this place to be able to write things down and think I may be here more often soon.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan