is it because -i feel --desperate but not desperate enough
to move on to helping others on tp insyead of feeling sorry for myself and bob
love bel x

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Bel
please do not talk rubish.
You do help others by your determination, and your flashes of humour.
It helps others to know that even with your shop you are still able to be a good carer.
You carry a heavy load
Norman

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Bel behave yourself. You are an inspiration to us all. I dont know how you do what you do. Just keep posting when you can, and let us know how you and Bob are doing.

Love

Cate

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Norman said:
Bel
please do not talk rubish.

Well said, Norman!

Bel, you do help others, so much. You give us all the inspiration to keep on trying.

You say you're not coping, but you're running a shop, caring for Bob, and still manage to cheer us up with your funny stories and your lovely pictures.

And on top of it all you've learned how to post your pictures.

You are an amazing lady, and an inspiration to us all.

Love,

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Dear bel,whatever you share with TP.and whatever responses you recieve,are all part and parcel of being a member or guest on TP.You are not obliged to give or take advice.Therefore to take advice and have none to give doesn,t make you any the less a member of TP.We listen and respond accordingly as posters and recievers of replies to posts.By no means must you feel that you "feel sorry for yourself".We all do that.several times a day! This is why T.P is here.(in my view anyway)love elainex

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,
I also admire the way you can run a shop and care for Bob so well. You do help others by your determination to keep on keeping on under stressful circumstances. Bel, you are admired very much on TP and Bob is very lucky to have you in his corner. Take Care. Taffy.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi bel

Everyone else has pretty much said it all.

The wonderful thing about TP is that nobody has to actually DO anything to help others.

Just the act of posting ideas, experiences, and having others know you and what a star you are provides as much help as does anything else.

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hello bel

As the others have said, I come to TP most days and reading the posts you and other members send, helps us all out here. knowing we are not alone in the world we now find ourselves in is comforting.

Please keep posting, this Forum is a lovely place to be when there seems no-one else understands, we are learning from each other, we all need some outlet when we are faced with the daily problems that arise, when looking after a loved one with AZ.

Take Care
Janetruth x

Sep 21, 2005
bradford
you make me smile

Bel you make me smile, you have a lovely way about you, and i just look forward to reading your posts you help me alot by just telling us all about your and bobs day, I also am keeping our business running and appreciate how tiring doing boyh jobs is but you are an inspiration. I have just let trev go for a weeks respite,knew i was at breaking point, and trev who has refused any help or day care seems to be fairly happy so perhaps he needed a holiday from me,just keep on posting thanks Pam

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Bel,
So many of your posts have brought me pleasure - and believe me - we on TP need pleasure when we can find it!! :)

I love the posts about your grandchildren, about the clever things Bob had made or created, about your life in the shop, and all the other things you mention.

Had to smile at Norman telling you that you were "talking rubbish" and Cate telling you to "behave yourself"! You see, TPers say it as they see it! No "soft soap" here! But I have to agree with them - they are right.

Sometimes your posts are about how sad you are and how hard it is. We need to hear that these things are true for others on TP too, not just for ourselves. I for one would find it very hard if every one always posted about how well they were doing and how successfully they were coping. :eek: It would make me feel a real "eejit"!

Please keep on doing what you do so well - being your own lovely self.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Bel:

All the others have said it - we think you are a STAR :) (I wish there was a smilie to cover that!!).

Please keep posting - you help us all just by sharing. By doing just what you do helps us to put our own situation into perspective. God Bless You - you are just wonderful. The only sad thing is we cannot or do not meet face to face.

Take care and keep on posting Love Jan

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Bel,

please keep posting. It is good to read everything you send here. We realise how much you cope with and it is something special to get to know you.

You are a fighter

With love

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
You don't have to be deliberately giving advice to others, to be useful. Just hearing of your experiences is useful in itself. Look after yourself.

Margaret

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27