Bringing OH back home from CH?

Sleepy Head

Jun 11, 2014
Cotswolds
Hello. My OH has been in a CH for over four months now and there seems a sudden improvement since a change of medication. It's making me wonder whether I could cope with him back home again. It's heartbreaking to leave him there if it's not necessary. Has anyone felt like this? Has anyone experienced bringing someone back home again? My family keep telling me how ill it was making me when he was home here but I can't help wondering whether I could manage it if I get carers in twice a day. I visit him every day and find it so hard to walk away at the end of each visit, especially as he recognises me now.

angelface

Oct 8, 2011
london
Have you thought that another reason OH looks better is all those carers who have time to run about and give him lots of extra care?
You just would not have time to do all that if it was only you doing the caring.
Even having carers twice a day would still mean a lot for you to do alone.
It must be so hard, but please try to leave him in the CH.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Have you thought that another reason OH looks better is all those carers who have time to run about and give him lots of extra care?
You just would not have time to do all that if it was only you doing the caring.

Not only that, but they change shift every 8 hours, whereas you don't. You've brought your thoughts into the open now. Why not leave it on the back burner for a month or so, and then discuss it with your family, and GP?

This might just be a spike in improvement, that isn't sustained.

Sleepy Head

Jun 11, 2014
Cotswolds

Thanks for that, Angelface. I know you're probably right. It just hurts so much to leave him there now he's so much more aware.

Sleepy Head

Jun 11, 2014
Cotswolds
Not only that, but they change shift every 8 hours, whereas you don't. You've brought your thoughts into the open now. Why not leave it on the back burner for a month or so, and then discuss it with your family, and GP?

This might just be a spike in improvement, that isn't sustained.

Thank you Scarlett - like Angelface, your advice is sound. Waiting a while before doing anything, will give me time to see whether this improvement is sustained.