What are blogs/blog posts please?

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Oh dear, I'm having problems! Help!

Wanted to ask how to delete Pms. I tried looking for the help technical forum? I seem to b a bit confused since I had a break from TP! Have things changed in the last few months - or is it me? There used to be a forum to ask questions didn't there?

Sent from my CnM-TP-7DC-8-B using Talking Point mobile app

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
You're in the right place Chris.

OK do you want to save any of the PMs to your computer before you delete them?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
If you look at your list of PMs you will see the word 'messages' at the top right of the list. There will also be the number of messages you have in brackets. If you want to delete them all click in the box next to that. Go down to the bottom and you will see the words 'selected messages'. Click on that. You will get a list of options and one is 'delete'. If you only want to delete one message click on the box beside it and follow the same instructions.

Hope that makes some sense. x

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Seen the word messages izzy, but jennifer I want to save some - I have 48!

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
I don't have any little boxes just a list of what the messages say oh dear

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
This is what you should see -

image.jpg

You will see the little box to the right of my message. When you click on yours then go to selected messages at the bottom you will be given the options to save or delete etc.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
I don't know where my private messages bit I
Is - sorry I really have 'lost the plot' can't remember or find stuf! Sorry Izzy and Jennifer, tut:eek:

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
If you are trying to find your private messages, Chris, go to the top blue line above and find notifications, then click on inbox for messages that have been sent to you. Then find sent on the left for those you have sent. Hope that makes sense.

Blogs are found on the paler blue strip above just underneath the Talking Point heading.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 KB · Views: 318
  • Notifications.PNG
    Notifications.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 311

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Where I that page that you have shown me Izzy? It looks familiar but can't find it

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm guessing that the problems you are having because you are accessing TP from the app rather than on the computer (which is why the pictures are different). Let me have a look at my phone and see how you can do this.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Oh dear, I am lost. I never see that page with notifications at the top left. I m using a tablet o maybe that's the problem? Maybe I won't delete any cos I'm allowed a lot more than I have - 48..

Thank you all for your help and support but I give in

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
H! Missed your post Jennifer, you've come to the same conclusion as me,maybe its cos I'm using a tablet,never knew it WD be so different! Tired now, too much concentration

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Chris, I may be being very dozy, but I simply can't see a way to delete PMs via the app. If that's the case, all I can suggest is that you use the internet browser that is on the tablet and access TP via the normal website.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
On the iPhone app I opened the message then clicked on the three dots at the top right. That gave me the option to forward or delete the message.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Not on my android app. I have Forward or Reply w/o Quote.

Edit: and on my itouch I have Forward, Reply, Quote, Flag, Mark Unread. No delete in sight

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I've just had another look. I was in my sent items when I got the option to delete. I just tried it with my inbox and there's no option to delete. Tried sent items again and delete option is there!

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Thank you Jennifer and Izzy. I've found sennt items but no dots:confused: I do have s netbook so maybe that will be OK cos I do remember deleting PMS in the past!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman