Mum's gone into Respite

lulubel

Oct 17, 2013
Co Durham
All the knowledge/experience/advice from friends on TP has paid off. I've been able to persuade Mum to go into Respite, while myself, hubby and boys have a short (5 days) holiday in the lakes......
She was threatening all sorts of mischief, but finally she went without a fight. I spent about 2 hours helping her settle in, and I came home shaking, having been expecting the worse, and ending up with a completely smooth move....
So off we go to the lakes tomorrow, until Friday...... and .......breathe.....
Thank you to everyone who posted advice/experiences to others..... it has really helped me these last few weeks....
Lulu xxx :):):)

lulubel

Oct 17, 2013
Co Durham
Oh Cragmaid.... I'm going to be in the Lakes!! I'm sure the phone will be pretty much 'out-of-action'!! I'm only using it for emergencies (and taking pics!!). In fact, between you and me, I'd threatened not to have a phone with me, if she didn't go into Respite. If she insists on putting herself in danger, then I won't be contactable (was my argument). This was when she suggested she would get a taxi from NE England to London.....Thankfully, we've got passed that. She is safe and looked after, so now I can relax, but its been a journey and a half to get here.... xxx