Repeated Chest Infections/Aspiration? Pneumonia

Auntiep

Apr 14, 2008
Midlands
Feeling really grotty again. Mum got sick again this week, after being out of hospital for just 3-4 days. Even so, the relations insisted on coming up to visit, which in my opinion just made her worse. The doctor came and mentioned her going back into hospital again for IV antibiotics, but relented and referred her to the ICT, with a possibility of going into a Community Elderly Care bed if her condition didn’t improve within 24 hours. He also said she should rest, which means NO VISITORS. That was yesterday, and she did get one day, but today the relations have been back again for 5 hours! I’m just so stressed and completely fed up with it all. Once again I’m feeling like I just can’t carry on.

Hubby is being his normal un-sympathetic/un-affectionate self. He’s good on the practical stuff, but if I cry, he just shuts down. I’ve resorted to crying on the carers when they come! I feel so totally alone right now.

P x

jawuk

Jan 29, 2014
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
Hi AuntieP, I wonder, have you considered ringing the relatives and telling them that you're awfully sorry but the doctor has said that your mother must have complete rest with NO visitors as a condition of her receiving treatment at home? You could always say that the moment your mother picks up and the doctor relents and allows visitors again you'll be sure to call them and let them know that brief visits are allowed......... but until then....

jawuk

Jan 29, 2014
Lutterworth, Leicestershire
They don't listen to me

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Talking Point mobile app

Still Auntiep, call them and say the doctor has forbidden disturbance for a few days and then, if they turn up anyway, remember that it's your home and, reminding them of your call, turn them away at the door. Perhaps your husband could help out with dealing with them if you can't face it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaronL