Something actually worked and I helped!

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
My father has been having some real problems with my mum lately (vas dem) with her getting very angry at him for no obvious reason. We came up with a little plan a couple of weeks ago when we talked about having an emergency contact number saved in mobiles etc just in case and that he may need to call the police at times if the anger gets to the next stage.

He has a text message ready to be sent in his mobile asking me to call immediately either at the house or on the mobile if they are going out. Well yesterday whilst I was getting ready to sit down and clear some work emails up I saw the message had come through. I knew they were out so called on the moble and he passed it straight across to mum and we had a little chat about where i was (sitting in lovely garden centre, overlooking a walled garden leading into a lovely country park, enjoying a cuppa and a scone) and after 10 mins or so we hung up.

Dad emailed to say it worked. The anger subsided, they were able to continue going where they were and she calmed down. Phew! Finally I feel like i have helped. Going to email back to see how things were today and will remember it for next time.:)

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
My father has been having some real problems with my mum lately (vas dem) with her getting very angry at him for no obvious reason. We came up with a little plan a couple of weeks ago when we talked about having an emergency contact number saved in mobiles etc just in case and that he may need to call the police at times if the anger gets to the next stage.

He has a text message ready to be sent in his mobile asking me to call immediately either at the house or on the mobile if they are going out. Well yesterday whilst I was getting ready to sit down and clear some work emails up I saw the message had come through. I knew they were out so called on the moble and he passed it straight across to mum and we had a little chat about where i was (sitting in lovely garden centre, overlooking a walled garden leading into a lovely country park, enjoying a cuppa and a scone) and after 10 mins or so we hung up.

Dad emailed to say it worked. The anger subsided, they were able to continue going where they were and she calmed down. Phew! Finally I feel like i have helped. Going to email back to see how things were today and will remember it for next time.:)

How lovely to read, well done:)
Best wishes
Sue

Tears Falling

Jul 8, 2013
I just want to help but being so far away it makes it impoosible day to day. Mum loves talking on the phone which is probably why this worked. Hoping we don't need to use it again but at least if we do we know it may help.

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
Well done. A great idea and, even at a distance, you helped Dad and Mum's situation. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts