Newly diagnosed

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Hello everybody,My husband is 68 years old and is between mild to moderate with Dementia with Lewy Bodies.We have been married 46 years and he's not been well with anxiety previous to diagnosis.Not sure where we are going from here but just carry on as much as we can .Not sure if all sufferers will need care homes or not but I hope that we as family can care for him until the inevitable.xx

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello Caz and welcome to TP.

Everyone progresses at a different pace, no two sufferers experience the same symptoms in the same order. Hopefully you can with help care for your husband at home but if the care becomes too difficult to be managed then a care home may be needed. There is no shame in admitting you need help.

Look forward to seeing you post. Ask all the questions you want, someone will have the answer or just come along for a chat.

Jay

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
Thanks for your reply

Hi caz60 and welcome to tp. theres plenty of help here, so keep posting. lindax

Hi ,I just want to say thanks for your reply .It is comforting to know there are a lot of people who understand what you are feeling .My hubby is in early moderate stage and just started Mementine tonite .This hopefully will calm him down and help him to speak a bit better logically .Heres hoping .xx