Incontinence underwear

Miss Polly

Feb 12, 2014
Does anyone have any experience of washable incontinence pants? I have been looking at the ones with built in pads but they are very expensive and I don't want to make a mistake as they can't be returned once opened. There seem to be a few on the market but I would like to know which ones are the best and which ones to avoid. Thanks.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I used the high absorbency ones of >>>THESE<<< for quite sometime.

This was when I was able to toilet my wife every two hours during the day and be careful of intake if we were going out. During the night she used to wriggle which was a call for action.

To help you decide a full bladder holds 500 - 600 ml.

If you get any don't forget to tick the 'no VAT' box.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Trust me, with incontinence you have to wash so many things already, you won't want to wash the underwear as well. Get referred to the Continence Service, they should provide you with disposable pads for free though might not be as many as you need in which case you will have to buy the rest elsewhere.

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
I agree. Also you get limited matching knickers though you have to buy extra as Beate said. Good luck.

carer21

Jan 17, 2014
I too thought of the washable pants route and decided on purchase online. Initially I bought 5 pairs for mother who leaked when coughing laughing sneezing and leaving it too late. Her incontinence progressed quickly and I returned the unopened next delivery as the absorbency was not sufficient even though I had picked ones for up to 900ml. I find disposable pull ups capacity excellent and although I'm mindful of waste I have to say that I bless the well known manufacturer for the length of time one pair of pants can last before disintegrating. As you may have guessed I am dealing with a compliance issue and changing pants is often out of the question!!! I just have to wait until mother is ready to take them off!!! Not much advice really but just wanted you to know that although I would have liked to use washable actually disposables are surprisingly good.

carer21

Jan 17, 2014
Just read the other replies! Our incontinence service would not supply pants only pads and advised me that pull ups more effective in our situation as pads tried and removed, worn as scarf or tummy binder etc!!!However still would not supply until/unless doubly inco. We are now at that stage still a bit of a compliance thing but also a loss of appropriate behaviour thing too. But can have supply of one pair a day for 6 months and review. Apparently they come vacuum packed to save space. Waiting delivery. Meantime continue price search at supermarkets. Worth shopping around.

Miss Polly

Feb 12, 2014
Thank you to everyone who replied to my query. You have been very helpful and have probably saved me a lot of money and time. I shall try the disposable pull-ups instead.