S.o.s.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
God help me. This is driving me nuts to the point where I don't know where to turn. Hubby is obsessed over the cat getting stolen and locks him in at night.

I've just had to clean it's filth out of the bath. Anyone know how to get the bath clinically clean after such a disaster? Sorry to have to shout out over this, but I don't know how to cope with it, other than bleach. Will bleach do, or is there something better? I thought it was bad enough when cat did the same on the dining table, but the bath? Give me a BREAK, for crying out loud!

Thanks in advance, and again, my apologies over being so graphic. :(

margaret g

Nov 9, 2013
Resort to a litter tray, it's not that nice in the house, but better than what you have, ours is in the conseratry,

Sent from my C5303 using Talking Point mobile app

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Bleach will certainly do it. In a sense (i know you won't see this at this time but it's true) at least in a bath the surface can't soak up anything nasty. So once it's clean, and sanitized, it's clean. Which is not the case with carpets etc.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
enclosed litter tray, some great ones out there and a good quality cat litter, I'm thinking of the white stuff, no point buying cheap one, it just smells. Does he lock the cat flap at night? Use bleach once to give thorough clean, then at night put a couple of inches of water in there, that will stop cat, but without litter tray he'll find somewhere else in house to soil

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
If there is any aroma, best use a cat enzymatic cleaner first - get from a pet shop

Any type of kitchen or bathroom cleaner will then "sterilise" the bath

Agree get a litter tray. You can get these cat loo's that keeps all the littler from being kicked around. Something like this - it's worth shopping around as I have seen them for over £30 and as cheap as £10

http://m.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk/p...gle-shopping&gclid=COuy09my178CFTMftAodPS4A8Q

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Put cat in bath and fill with water....
John.

Oh John, how could you!

Thinking, bath is plastic type so might be somewhat porous? Dunno. Thanks so much, 2Jays. Will look into that. You people are AWEsome. This one had me crying in utter frustration. Love you all to bits, xx

Thanks so much. Oh yeah, far too late for litter tray as cat is quite old.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Not necessarily too old for litter tray.

You *may* have to keep littler tray in the bath as it's used that area, but when my cat got old and I kept it in because it was being beaten up by the garden moggies, it used the tray I provided without any problems.

Thinking about it... I used an old rectangle washing up bowl and just put cat litter in it. Have you got an old bowl to try before you go and spend money on something that *might* not work?

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
This may sound odd, but cats don't like citrus, so when we had kittens and they went in the wrong places, after we had cleaned up we put orange peel down so they never went back (we had no money for anything more expensive)

I have used a litter tray with soil in for a cat not used to being inside, still needs changing, but it was found and used and didn't go elsewhere (needed to keep it in overnight for vets next day) - and now I've seen 2 jays post - think it was a washing up bowl - deeper sides for a cat used to digging and covering

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Don't think a cat is ever too old for a litter tray, they seem to be drawn to litter automatically.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Not necessarily too old for litter tray.

You *may* have to keep littler tray in the bath as it's used that area, but when my cat got old and I kept it in because it was being beaten up by the garden moggies, it used the tray I provided without any problems.

Thinking about it... I used an old rectangle washing up bowl and just put cat litter in it. Have you got an old bowl to try before you go and spend money on something that *might* not work?

Yeah, I do. Trouble is, will hubs interfere with it, wondering what it is? Answer: yup! More than likely. So long as I can properly clean the bath, (Uuurrr!) I think I can just about survive. Thanks heaps, 2jays :)

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Our cat Joshua Jehosophat Jones has just leapt in through the window directly behind me with a mouse in his mouth.:eek::eek::eek:
I don't do mice I know it's a present but when will he learn that chocolate is a more acceptable present!

if your cat decides to piddle instead use soda water to get rid of the ammonia ;)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't think a cat is ever too old for a litter tray, they seem to be drawn to litter automatically.

Tin; 2jays; Jugglingmum; jenniferpa; beech mount; margaret g - thank you all for your responses. Muchly appreciated, xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Our cat Joshua Jehosophat Jones has just leapt in through the window directly behind me with a mouse in his mouth.:eek::eek::eek:
I don't do mice I know it's a present but when will he learn that chocolate is a more acceptable present!

if your cat decides to piddle instead use soda water to get rid of the ammonia ;)

Using baking soda solution, or soda crystals, like you might use for washing machine?

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
A store with the initialsJL sell packs of bicarbonate of soda quite cheaply. Lasts a while. (Same as baking soda I think and also good for removing stains/smell from carpet).

Sent from my GT-N5110

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
A store with the initialsJL sell packs of bicarbonate of soda quite cheaply. Lasts a while. (Same as baking soda I think and also good for removing stains/smell from carpet).

Sent from my GT-N5110

OK, you've got me wiv that one! JL. Hmmm...but bicarb should be fairly reasonable where I go. Thanks Truth :) xx

di65

Feb 28, 2013
new zealand
My parent's cat used to use the bath all the time if they inadvertently locked him in during the day. Mum was quite happy with this, as she said it was better than on the carpet or in the corner of the room:D
She would just pour Jeyes fluid over it, then boil the jug and pour the boiling water over it - all the troubles down the plug-hole:D:D

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I'd go for the household spray cleaner (anti bacterial type) if you're worried about using bleach.

Don't know about yours but both our cats are addicted to bleach :eek: If I use a solution in a bucket to mop the patio they are there within minutes, rolling over and over on the wet surface and trying to rub their chins in it. Drives me crazy. Mostly use another cleaner now.

One always leaves her murdered presents for us in the bath or shower tray. I use same anti bacterial, sanitising stuff then too. In your case, it should get rid of the smell too depending on which sort you use. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinydaffodil