bad bad sunday!!

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
hope im not been a nuisence with all my rants butttt:confused::confused:,,
since brackfast its been constant i want to go home(that been the home she left 30yrs ago)ive tried reasoning with her,,,then said ok well go back if you can walk,,,,she tried and then said noo,,lets stop here,,,,only to sit down and start again,,wanting to go home,,,,,,
im the devil which ever way i turn,,,if i say ok lets go,,she says i dont want her,,if i say stay she says i just want to imprison her,,,,,,
is this what i have infront of me day on day,,,,
i love her to bits and will always stand by her,,but been called alsorts,,wanting my own way est,,,been rotten est,,,,,makes my day so hard,,
been sole care ,,her son,,,i only have 30 mins carer in morning,,then me 24/7..
anyway,,this rant so helps,,,,
thank you all:)
xxxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
hope im not been a nuisence with all my rants butttt:confused::confused:,,
since brackfast its been constant i want to go home(that been the home she left 30yrs ago)ive tried reasoning with her,,,then said ok well go back if you can walk,,,,she tried and then said noo,,lets stop here,,,,only to sit down and start again,,wanting to go home,,,,,,
im the devil which ever way i turn,,,if i say ok lets go,,she says i dont want her,,if i say stay she says i just want to imprison her,,,,,,
is this what i have infront of me day on day,,,,
i love her to bits and will always stand by her,,but been called alsorts,,wanting my own way est,,,been rotten est,,,,,makes my day so hard,,
been sole care ,,her son,,,i only have 30 mins carer in morning,,then me 24/7..
anyway,,this rant so helps,,,,
thank you all:)
xxxx

No you're not a nuisance at all a caring, rant all the more if it helps more.
Best wishes
Sue

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
This wanting to go home is so very common with dementia.
I wonder is it the need for reassurance and safety.
My mother was found by the police hitching a lift to Cardiff, where she grew up.
My husband too wanted desperately to come home from hospital but never managed it, having to go into a nursing home instead. More guilt,
Eventually, his cognitive powers reduced so that he seemed unaware that he was not at home. At least, I hope was but by then he was unable to express his feelings at all.

It is so difficult to deal with this as it does seem that you will never win. Perhaps saying that you will take her tomorrow might help or any delaying tactics at all.
Possible go out in the car if you can and drive around, eventually arriving 'home' again.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
It's so hard, mum packs her bags every day. I do the delay tactics, but that sometimes brings on other problems, continually asking what time will we be leaving, whose taking her and needs to go to bank for money and so on. You have my understanding and sympathy. I just keep thinking how many little old ladies up and down the u.k are at this very moment asking to go home, makes me sad.

lulubel

Oct 17, 2013
Co Durham
Well if its any help, I have one here too!!
We're going on hol for a week next weekend and she is booked into respite. But keeps on over and over, 'why can't I just go home?'
Its very, very hard..... I've tried explaining, but learnt that lesson now.
Now this morning, she's told me doesn't need a suitcase coz she's not going for long!!
Will, no doubt, be starting my own thread soon!!
Lulu xx

Ash148

Jan 1, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Mum wanted to go home constantly even though she was in her own home of almost 50 years. Now she is in a nursing home, she wants to go home sometimes but mostly never mentions it.