Can mirtazipene make delusions worse?

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
Shes gotten worse since the dose was doubled! Now seen in the neighbour coming out of the bathroom cupboard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK

My mum on this anti depressant, 1st 2-3 weeks very hard. I was ringing gp almost every day. Was told to give at night time because of drowsiness and would help her sleep, not so, everything just bad, so started taking it around midday, at least during the day I could deal with mums behaviour. now I call it mum's smiling pill. Because we had tried a few anti depressants before, I was told to stick at it with this one and if side effects didn't stop then gp would try something else.

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
I am wondering the same thing, my mum is on it and seems to suffer more badly with delusions.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Thinking about it, mum does come up with some very strange stories, delusions? But she does seem happy.

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
The things she says are really strange! Its quite upsetting to think she sees these things as being real!

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
From time to time, mum does say that she sees people either in garden or in her bedroom, they are usually wearing black and up to no good, I've dealt with it by going to where they are and telling them to ******* off and not to come back. usually works, never occurred to me it might be the medication, just thought it was the dementia, plus she also has some very nice day dreams.

worn out

Jul 4, 2014
mum sees animals around the house all the time and people in black in the bedroom and shes not on any medication so maybe its a symptom of dementia.does this happen often with dementia?(apart from with meds)

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
mum sees animals around the house all the time and people in black in the bedroom and shes not on any medication so maybe its a symptom of dementia.does this happen often with dementia?(apart from with meds)

Thank you worn out, that answers my question, for mum it probably is not the medication.

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
Answered my question aswell, mayb it is the dementia, just hard to see when my mam is
Still young! Anyway, she hasnt had the meds for 2 days now, she was bad yesterday and was moving out and getting another house, but today ive *** in from Work tnite and shes speaking to Me again, I'm not complaining tho dont get me rong, but it wears me down, and the kids

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
It's so exhausting, after 7 months I still wake up in the morning wondering what I'll find and what the day holds. she does do things that make me laugh, but then there's also the stuff that makes me cry!

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
It sounds as though we are at the same stage in this journey! I'm exactly the same, i still get my sleep thank god, but shes still up and down, but she only makes a cuppa and watched telly, shes like a ghost, wandering around the house, but then she starts with all these accusations and hallucinations! Its very hard to cope with xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14