Big deterioration in the last few days!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I am missing BUTTER already and I've never even 'met' her :D

Come on BUTTER, you are all set up for a grand return, it seems!

Please, s'il vous plait, bitte, per favore.........:D

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
There used to be a multi-quote tool, I think... but now I just open another window and copy and paste.

I'm sure I do it the hard way though, Peter keeps telling me 'short-cuts' but I never really listen, so I learn nothing...
only interested in the moment.

Ha ha! that takes us back to your tests and our different approaches to learning.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Like Gwen, I just highlight the part I want to put on the new post, copy it and paste it into the new post and click the speech sign.
Alternatively, you could copy the whole part and delete the bits you don't want once it's pasted in the new post.
Simples.

Copying the whole thing just wastes space although someone once did complain that people shouldn't take bits from a post - but if you're only going to be referring to a small part of the original, why repost it all. Only my opinion of course!:D

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Butter?
Real live Butter?
Who tells us tales of lusty farmers and curly pigs?
She's popped over the page and out again.
Gone too soon.:(

I count backwards in 7s instead of sheep.
They're not going to catch me out!;)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Butter?
Real live Butter?
Who tells us tales of lusty farmers and curly pigs?
She's popped over the page and out again.
Gone too soon.:(

I count backwards in 7s instead of sheep.
They're not going to catch me out!;)

Numbers, figures, maths - none of it makes sense to me. To the extent that when I'm locking the chickens in in the evening, I have to count them several times - and there are only 7! And they aren't all the same colour! I have to sort of mentally separate them into their colour groups so rather than count the number of brown ones, I'll see the 3 brown girls, 2 cuckoo girls, 1 speckledy and 1 black one - a bit like a toddler's first counting book where it shows the picture of "Three apples"? Yet, I've managed to keep our finances sorted and keep within a tight budget for all these years - by writing it down, and using a calculator!:D

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
Numbers, figures, maths - none of it makes sense to me. To the extent that when I'm locking the chickens in in the evening, I have to count them several times - and there are only 7! And they aren't all the same colour! I have to sort of mentally separate them into their colour groups so rather than count the number of brown ones, I'll see the 3 brown girls, 2 cuckoo girls, 1 speckledy and 1 black one - a bit like a toddler's first counting book where it shows the picture of "Three apples"? Yet, I've managed to keep our finances sorted and keep within a tight budget for all these years - by writing it down, and using a calculator!:D

Text book

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I am sorry but I have only read this thread today. Am I correct in thinking that funding has been granted but not released? In which case is it not granted from the day it is granted? What I mean is is it not retrospective? IE can you not get William in a home now & they should pay when the funds are released? Obviously not as you would have done this.
I really feel for you, I can't imagine how you are coping day to day. You know you have light at the end of the tunnel, it's just that you don't know where the end of the tunnel is!!

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Brown, cuckoo, speckledy, black - seven.....I can cope with this method of counting....anyone who has had dealings with small chidren knows that divide 9 by three means it's one for Mummy, one for Daddy and six for me and one left over for me. :rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Week 5. Watching for the postman! No letter today.

William has gone back to being really resistant to personal care, and to getting changed for bed, and dressed in the mornings. So far, I've managed; this morning the care assistant was dressing him. I had taken him to the toilet and had used that opportunity to get his pj's bottoms off along with the wet pad from overnight. I wrapped a towel around his waist to bring him back to the bedroom. The care assistant got his clean underwear, pad, trousers, socks & shoes on up under the towel. - William wouldn't let it go! Then he got one arm into his vest and shirt, but William still refused to let the towel go, so he couldn't get the clothes on the rest of the way - & then William took off out of the bedroom and away up the hallway, still clutching the towel! I had to intervene and between us we managed to finish dressing him. But it's getting to be like this every time! I end up with butterflies in my tummy every morning and evening at the thoughts of it. Fed up. :(

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
LadyA how awful for you and for poor William, it is bad enough having to do it but with the resistance as well it must be very difficult,

Jeany x

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
It really isn't right Lady A.
Can't you scream and stamp your foot.
Run up and down the road naked - anything to get the attention of those who could and should be doing something!

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Lady A :)

You've probably been through all this before :(, but could your doctor help?? Sometimes, in England anyway, people are admitted to NHS hospitals if care home funding is not forthcoming and if they and / or their carer is at risk. It's kind of the last resort, I know, and probably not what you want for William, but is it a possibility, do you think?

Thinking of you :)

Lindy xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It really isn't right Lady A.
Run up and down the road naked !
you mean the two black eyes I would end up with if I were to do any naked running might lend weight to my plea that I can't cope?! ;) :D

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app