Do this, do that

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
A control battle going on in my house this morning, mums woken up with the need to get everything done before 8a.m. Get dressed, walk the dogs, make lots of tea, light the fire [yes, light the fire], light and put out as many cigerettes as she can, whens dinner, what we doing today, look for dentures [there in her mouth], put bins out [Monday is next collection], put dog to bed, give dog breakfast [already had two], go to bank. Better get dressed myself, mum now searching the garden for fire wood!! Talk later, hope everyone has a good day.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I'm kn...ered just reading that!!...Only suggestion.....hide the matches:rolleyes::rolleyes::D
I know she might try to light the ciggies on the stove instead.....:eek::eek::eek:

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
She does usually do a few chores in morning, but not with such vigour and not quite so many, we both slept so well last night [mum had a sleeping pill] no need to worry about matches, I carry her cigarettes and lighter with me at all times. In fact it has been a very odd day, mum has been very calm and so far no sundowning. Do not think I've had a day like this since mum moved in if I have, can't remember, definitely not a whole day and I'm quite shocked. I know, I should enjoy and make the most of it.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
She does usually do a few chores in morning, but not with such vigour and not quite so many, we both slept so well last night [mum had a sleeping pill] no need to worry about matches, I carry her cigarettes and lighter with me at all times. In fact it has been a very odd day, mum has been very calm and so far no sundowning. Do not think I've had a day like this since mum moved in if I have, can't remember, definitely not a whole day and I'm quite shocked. I know, I should enjoy and make the most of it.

Long may it last - its so nice to see our loved ones relaxed and calm, isn't it ? :D x

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Oh lulubel, don't know, she now wants me to organise to get the whole house painted!

lulubel

Oct 17, 2013
Co Durham
You're right, there doesn't sound like there's enough to share, and you need all the extra that's going!!
That's quite something for a day's work....
Keep smiling ;) xxx

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
That all sounds so much like my wife :) Plants watered several times a day, the kitchen floor mopped out every half hour, no speck of dust dare appear anywhere. Every cup washed and rinsed if it dare hang around for more than 30 seconds (even if ground coffee tin can be mistaken for washing up liquid) :)
keep smiling,
malomm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
That all sounds so much like my wife :) Plants watered several times a day, the kitchen floor mopped out every half hour, no speck of dust dare appear anywhere. Every cup washed and rinsed if it dare hang around for more than 30 seconds (even if ground coffee tin can be mistaken for washing up liquid) :)
keep smiling,
malomm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Talking Point mobile app

Sounds like your house is very clean. Mum seems to get enjoyment out of her little chores. She starts something but sadly can't finish. Its amusing because she tells visiting friends everything she has done, but has not been paid yet!