Still Numb After 5 months

Lottie40

Nov 5, 2013
Hi,
It's been 5 months since my Mum passed and I can't even cry.I just feel numb and the whole experience of caring for her ,seeing to her needs and being with her as she passed feels surreal .If I have to tell anyone it feels like I'm talking about somebody else's Mum .i just keep thinking she is coming back (not even in a longing or yearning way) more like ok Mum you can come back now .its like this is all temporary ,some kind of phase or stage .Sorry if Im not explaining myself well .Ive been supporting my Dad and brother and helping them as much as possible .
I find myself wanting to talk to an Alzheimers expert to ask them questions like,How can somebody deteriorate so quickly and How can the Alzheimers progress so rapidly?Does it progress this rapidly in other folk?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense here .

Thankyou for reading .

Lottie x

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
I lost my parents within 8 months of one another, my mum was in a nursing home with dementia and to watch my dad coping with that was heartbreaking, so when he died 8 months later, I was relieved as I felt they were together again.

But how I miss them, especially now my husband has died, after all they have always been in my life and I could talk to mum about everything...I know how you feel about not believing it is real, I cant believe they are gone and I understand you are feeling numb.

take care
Bronwen

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hi,
It's been 5 months since my Mum passed and I can't even cry.I just feel numb and the whole experience of caring for her ,seeing to her needs and being with her as she passed feels surreal .If I have to tell anyone it feels like I'm talking about somebody else's Mum .i just keep thinking she is coming back (not even in a longing or yearning way) more like ok Mum you can come back now .its like this is all temporary ,some kind of phase or stage .Sorry if Im not explaining myself well .Ive been supporting my Dad and brother and helping them as much as possible .
I find myself wanting to talk to an Alzheimers expert to ask them questions like,How can somebody deteriorate so quickly and How can the Alzheimers progress so rapidly?Does it progress this rapidly in other folk?

Sorry if I'm not making much sense here .

Thankyou for reading .

Lottie x

Hello Lottie,
My mum died six months ago, having suffered from dementia for 10 years.
I am similar to you, I haven't cried yet and feel completely numb. You have said some of the things I feel.

turbo

annie irma

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Lottie,
Your post really hit home. Our Mum is currently living in a care home but the speed that her Lewy Body dementia has taken her away from us is startling. It feels like one minute she was normal Mum, bit unsteady on her feet but okay. Then the next she spiralled into a paranoid, anxious lady that we can no longer comfort. Some people have told me I'm lucky it's been so quick! I just feel stunned!
Keep talking and sharing it will help.
Take care.
Annette

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I am a member of a bereavement site I joined when my daughter and grand daughter died. Many members find the 5 month mark a very difficult time.

Don't know why but numerous members find this.

I actually joined the site at 5 months so I was obviously looking for some thing to help

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suzannep