Pete passed away.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry. It is hard but I'm glad you were with your husband when he died
It's good that you have people to help and support you over the next few weeks.x

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
So sorry, you will miss him I know. I'll be thinking of you through this tough time. Try to take life as easy as you can and ask for help when you need it. There is a lot to do but it still gets done if you pace yourself.

Sue.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Im so sorry to hear your sad news Milly...AZ is such a cruel disease but it cant hurt your dear husband anymore...now take care of yourself

Bronwen

win

Oct 14, 2012
Hello Millie

How are you doing now Millie? There is so much to organise initially and then suddenly it all goes quiet. Hope you have supportive friends and neighbours and have started finding yourself. It takes time when you have been caring 24/7 as that absorbs all your time.

I am in the same position as you, my husband of 47 years died the day before your husband, we worked and lived together all our married lives, and I feel like half of me has gone.

I am supported beautifully by a former carer who used to come in and help me with Ewen, excellent neighbours although they are both new and some long standing friends. I am lucky and hope you are too. I have just had a big op so not mobile at the moment, just sitting at my computer and thought I would catch up here. Not been on since Ewen died.

I wish you peace of mind, health and future happiness whatever you do with your life now. Best wishes x