Frontal lobe dementia

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
There are too many marion but you may not get any response this evening as it`s so late.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Marion and welcome to TP :)

No, I don't care for someone with this condition, but I just wanted to welcome you, and to say that I am sure others with experience of this will be along soon ( or tomorrow, as it's late! :eek: )

All the best

Lindy xx

griffy

Jan 10, 2014
Just a quick reply yes my mother was diagnosed in February. Perhaps we can chat another day when not so late but welcome.

steviep

Dec 11, 2012
Lancashire
Hi Marion, welcome to TP.

I think mum has FLD. Although not officially diagnosed as such, she shows many of the symptoms.

She talks constantly but still has good language skills but a lot of what she says does not make a lot of sense and she repeats phrases up to a dozen times one after the other. She is also getting increasingly aggressive and aggitated and has very little interest in things.

I cared for her until she went into hospital last October with a fractured pelvis and she's now in a CH. It was a blessing in disguise really as I was on the brink and fate took a hand.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Ftd

Hello and welcome ..My husband had ftd. It is a frightening disease and brings so many heartaches and worries. It would take too long to describe all the symptoms and stages of this illness but please feel free to ask any specific questions. I was very fortunate as my GP put me in touch with another patient whose husband also had the disease and I was able to ask her all sorts of questions, some very personal, and it helped me so much.My heart goes out to you
Bronwen

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Ftd

Marion you may be confused as I refer to the illness as FTD (frontal temporal dementia) which I understand is the same as Frontal lobe dementia

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
I was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 1999 after two PET brain scans in 2003 and 2004 my diagnoses Changed to fronto-temporal-dementia and I going great :)

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
Hello Marion. My husband has recently been diagnosed with bvFTD (behavioural variant) and is yet to have a CT scan (he cannot tolerate an MRI, which would be preferable) to further check for evidence of vascular dementia. I too would be very happy to help by answering any questions you may have and to offer support by listening to what you post here. Welcome to TP; in the few short weeks I have been a member, I have found the warmth, knowledge and friendship of everyone here very comforting. If you need help, just open a thread and you will have responses in no time. X :)