Been contacted by 3rd party

Status
Not open for further replies.

molly11

Jan 24, 2011
Lancashire
I've just received a private email off someone who says they are a bereavement service. Although I'd like to say I'm touched, I'm not, I'm quite neurotic about stuff like this. They've found me through TP. Anyone ever heard of them?
www.bereavementuk.co.uk.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Hi John - we're trying to track this down. What I can say is this group absolutely didn't get an email address from this forum. No way, no how. Someone might have sent a PM with the link intending to be helpful, but as a moderator, I have no way of checking that.

KatherineW

Oct 2, 2007
London
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that we now know that this message was sent via PM (Private Message) on Talking Point. It was sent by a genuine member of this forum and would appear to have been well-intentioned. I'm sorry molly that the message unsettled you.

I'd like to reassure members that your email addresses and personal data are safe on Talking Point: we would never share members' data with external organisations.

I'd also like to remind everyone that if you ever have any concerns about Private Messages you have received, the best thing to do is click on the 'Report Post' button at the bottom of the message. That will alert the TP staff and moderating team, who will be able to take appropriate action.

If anyone has any concerns about this, or about privacy and security in general on TP, you are very welcome to contact me via email or PM.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09