online calendars?

everdrew89

Nov 21, 2012
Morning all. Is anyone out there using an online calendar system to help care for someone with dementia? My husband has young onset Alzheimer's and I currently write out a white board each week. I would like to see if I can switch to an online calendar system. I've seen on the YDUK site various products like 'Jointly', Yecco, myhomehelper and I saw Mimo Care at the Alzheimer's Show a couple of weeks ago. I need something that is really easy for my husband to understand (i.e. uncluttered layout). I've signed up for the various free versions but haven't found one I'm happy with yet. Others eg myhomehelper involve an expensive initial cost, which is not out of the question but I don't want to pay loads of money and then find it doesn't meet our needs ... Does anyone use a system like this that they would recommend ... Thanks ...

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
Don't know of an online calendar that would meet the need, but a couple of possibilities:

This service lets you send messages or photos to someone's screen; I think it also allows some very simple feedback from the end user. It looks similar in concept to one of the Mimo products you mentioned http://www.mimo-care.com/family-talk

"Mindings is a service that enables people to send personal, captioned photos, text messages, calendar reminders, Facebook content and much more to a digital photo frame: instantly from their mobile phone. "
http://www.mindings.com/

This poster takes a cheap photo frame and uses it to show timed reminders; might do some of what you want:

Dementia Day Clock modified for a diary
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?52999

Last edited:

everdrew89

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks a million nmintueo ... I've been having a look at Mindings, which looks like it could be an option ... thanks for taking the time to reply ... best wishes ...

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
We use Week Cal HD - free app for the iPad. We like it and there are useful (amusing) symbols to identify happenings, which might help if words get too wordy, if you get my drift. X:)

everdrew89

Nov 21, 2012
Hey Rathbone ... many thanks for the reply ... I do indeed get your drift ... Someone else just mentioned the same app to me today so I'll check that out ... Many thanks again ...

We use Week Cal HD - free app for the iPad. We like it and there are useful (amusing) symbols to identify happenings, which might help if words get too wordy, if you get my drift. X:)

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
I've been having a look at Mindings, which looks like it could be an option

I haven't seen postings before from people actually using that service, but here's one:

Check out Mindings.com We've used it for almost 2 years now and we wouldn't be without it.

... she adores it and hovers around it to check what's happening next, and to see a familiar picture that she uses as a conversation starter.

... I am not employed or paid to promote Mindings - I am just totally passionate about it, as is everyone who sees it working with Mum.