Uti

griffy

Jan 10, 2014
I have other this week had my first hit with my mother and goodness it was a shock. My question is once they've completed the antibiotics will she become the old mom I love. It seems to be taking a while to get over.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
At first hit, assuming correct antibiotics, most likely yes.

Even if she seems OK, and definitely if she doesn't, get a sample checked about one week after completion of course.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
I agree with Nitram, Do get another urine sample tested. My mum often needed a second course with a different Antibiotic.

It could take a week or two after the infection cleared before my mum got back to her previous self. their are no guarantees though

I hope you see a big improvement soon.

griffy

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks for the replies shes much better but I'm going to do another test next week to be sure. Thanks.

claireizz

Jun 1, 2014
My nan was getting a lot of uti. I bought some dipsticks that the doctors use to test the urine on Amazon (isn't it amazing what you can get on there!!) and if we think she is a little out of sorts we test a sample and often know much earlier that she has a problem and can then advise the doctor rather than waiting until it becomes really noticeable and then waiting an age for a gp appointment and test reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

halojones

May 7, 2014
Hi to you all, I look after my mother and have had 2 episodes of uti. I will definetly get the sticks to home check , also I needed a second course of antibiotics for her.I also keep a look out for the strong odour that is a uti. The sooner you catch it the better as uti are really nasty infections that do have a really bad effect . I hope this helps.I am going to ask my mums gp if I can give her live bacteria after antibiotics, ?I s