Zeus - My friend and saviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I have posted pics of my friend (Zeus) on another topic but thought I would go for it again but with a better topic title as the initial topic's title does not reflect my happiness with my dog, just my desperate please for help unrelated to my friend (Zeus)

Anyway, here is my friend and companion as at 22:11 Wednesday 28th May 2014 whom is with me everyday from dawn to dusk and has been for the past 4 weeks (12 weeks old now)

Last edited by a moderator:

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Oh my goodness, he is sooooooooooo cute! Did he place himself on the table, or did you put him there to pose?

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
In all honesty..

I can not do anything without Zeus being my shadow, so yes and no, yes I lifted him up but he had already jumped on my lap to explore my table and everything that was on it, not for the first time I may add...

Believe me, Zeus won't pose for anyone, I have so many pics of him looking away just at the time of pressing the "Take this photo" button it is unbelievable

Last edited:

zoob

Sep 13, 2012
I want him...has he got a brother?!
Dogs are the best friends and companions!

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Omg he is sooooo sweet! is he a border collie? They are amazing dogs but boy they need a lot of exercise!

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I've followed your photos of Zeus on your other post. He's beautiful!

There are times I certainly prefer dogs to people ;)

X

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
I want him...has he got a brother?!
Dogs are the best friends and companions!

I'm afraid not, he came from a litter of 8, I got the 5th of 8 the rest have gone

I thought that getting another dog after my last passed away 12 months previous would cheer up my life, well yes and no

Zeus has taught me to love life again, but there is a penalty associated with this love as being a Border Collie he has so much energy from 6am - 11pm that I am finding it hard to keep him entertained, look after my wife and run a business from home

OK, I have worked from home for many years so this is not a problem but I need to look after my wife and my dog at the same time as working from home, this is hard work but I am managing it and to be honest am more happy than I was 4 weeks ago before I got Zeus

My wife has my attention, my dog has my attention and I can run my business from home, so basically I am in heaven right now

If it were not for Zeus I think I would have gone over the edge, however, please do not buy a dog thinking it will make your life easier, it does not, it simply makes your life more positive if you are wiling to put the time and effort in to it

I used to sleep 8 hour a day, now I get 4 or 5 hours tops...

Last edited:

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Gorgeous pup! Does he help you with your work? :D (And please tell me that you cleared your desk off specially for the photo!:eek:)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
@ LadyA

Help, No - Hinders, Yes

After I took the pic I noticed that I left my notepad and pen on the table (my bad)

I like to keep my desk clutter free, so not it was not a staged photo in any way

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
@ Raggedrobin

Yep, totally active from dawn to dusk with the exception of 2 hours kip (sleep) from 1pm to 3pm then again from 11pm to 4am

I must be mad :)

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I have seen his photo on your other post. He is gorgeous. We have a border collie and they are very loyal intelligent dogs.

As we got ours at 12 months old (rescue) she wasn't over bouncy. We were told by a dog trainer that they need as much mental exercise (ball throwing) as physical. Our previous dog (also a collie) used to follow us round the house, which I loved when OH was on night shift.

He will look after you and help you through this difficult period of your life.

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
@ jugglingmum

Yep, I agree with you

Border Collies are not like any dog, they are very intelligent and require constant play, love and affection, nothing like my last dog, she was happy to sleep all day even as a pup.

Zeus needs constant love, touching and being played with, not to mention walk after walk after walk

Zeus will eat the floor, floorboards, furniture, in fact absolutely anything if he is left to his own devices, hence the reason I play fetch, tug-o-war, go for walkies, poke, prod, play with him from 5am to 11pm, then if I am lucky he will go to sleep for a few hours then

I do feel tired at 5am when he is whining in his cage to come out but to see his face looking at me through the tiny bars makes me feel great

I bought a dog whistle a few days ago and I have managed to teach him sit, sit and stay and to come here with the whistle alone

He is a very intelligent puppy and I am sure that in the months to come I can teach him much more

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
Fab, they are just my favourite breed of dog, they are so clever.:D Dave, I guess if the demands of everything do get too much you can always get in a dog walker every now and then to take him out for an hour's charging around.
A lot of training ahead of you, then. But I can imagine what a pleasure it must be to have a new pal and they are so good at bringing simple joy to the world, aren't they?:D

claire43

Jul 11, 2013
South Wales
Hes so cute. I'd love a dog especially now that my daughter has left home and I'm on my own. Unfortunately I work full time and my head is ruling my heart. I know it would be very selfish of me but oh he is adorable :)

Dave K

Account Closed
Apr 14, 2014
Barnsley (UK)
OK, last one this evening

For some reason he always sleeps with his tongue hanging out

This is Zeus asleep this evening (23:34) in his cage, only 5 hours and 26 minutes before he awakes wanting to play again

His "Sleepy" cage is right next to my desk as he must be near me at all times, his choice...

Zeus is my personal shadow

Last edited by a moderator:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Aw he is sooo cute. I adore Border Collies.
I grew up with one. and had another later on.
Boy are they bouncy when young.

Status
Not open for further replies.