Missing in Battle Sussex

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
I just wanted to let everybody know that I'll be without internet access from Saturday for a week so please don't think I'm ignoring the board! I'll post an update when I get back online. I do hope that it will something positive.

Ann

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
Here is the promised update on John, now I'm back online.

It's been exactly 50 days since John disappeared and I'm afraid to say that there's still been no news of him. The good news however is that missingpersons.org have now become active in the case and are taking a number of steps to publicise his disappearance. There is to be an article in the Daily Mirror tomorrow and his information will be posted on the Teletext Missing Persons page. More locally, there will be new articles in the local press and information posted on the Battle - London train line. It's great that this is happening, and I can only hope that something positive comes out of it.

Ann

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you for the update Ann.

I can`t believe the anguish of the family. I do hope this new publicity brings a result.

Love xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Great that there is going to be more publicity.

Thanks for updating us Ann glad to see you back online.

Linda x

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
I just wanted to share with you a video which has been put together by someone who is helping in the hunt for John. It's a missing persons video which features John along with a number of other people.

The link is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kog-KzyGS-E. It's a great piece of work, but so, so sad. It's hard to believe how many people go missing and how many families have to face the feelings our family are now dealing with. At least for our family we know that John has lived a full life. As a parent myself, I can't begin to imagine how you would cope if your child went missing.

Ann

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Video

...Dear Ann,

I watched the video and it is very moving...

...Yes, I can't imagine what it must be like losing a child. As I watched this video, I couldn't help but think how many of these young souls have left home under appalling situations, or had come upon malicious circumstances...I guess it must have been the song that accompanies some of those sad faces.

I most certainly do not want to sound ungrateful or critical, I just wish that they would have used a better song. It implies that these 'lost' people ran away... maybe I'm just not seeing this the right way. ....? Anyway, Uncle John's picture is out there...and that is ALL that matters...

Love Louise

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Missing Uncle

I've never encountered anything like this on this website before. I can't imagine the dirstress you and your family are going through. It beggars belief.

I will ask my friend who is a devout Muslim, to pray for you, as I don't pray these days, and if I did, I probably wouldn't get a good response, but I will ask my friend, and she will do that.

How awful, so long with no notification. I can't believe how you are coping.

Much love

strawberrywhip

Jun 26, 2006
kent
Ann so sorry there is no news, you and your family are often in my thoughts. I think for many of us with relatives who are prone to wander it is the nightmare come true.
We often asked about some sort of electronic tagging system ..unobtrusive like a small bracelet ..for just such occasions but there doesnt seem to be anythng available.
Will keep watching out for him

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
I thought I'd just drop by to let you know that I'm not ignoring your messages. Quite the opposite ... we really do appreciate your support. But each time I have to write that there's no news, it gets harder. And now we've passed the two-month mark and there's still no news. I have to confess that most of the time now I believe that John is dead (especially as he didn't have any of his medication with him when he disappeared), but there are still times when I find I can be hopeful that he will still be found. I just wish that we could find out what happened to him. Whatever the outcome, it's still got to be better than knowing nothing.

So, that's the latest. I'm sorry it's not the news we all want to hear.

Ann

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Ann,
I think of you all so often and wonder how you`re coping. Not knowing really is the hardest, but as there`s been no news of John, eother good or bad, there must still be hope.
Your lives must be on hold until you hear some news. I can only sympathize.
Thank you for the update.
Love xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Ann,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry there is no news. My Dad went missing for 4 hours on Saturday and as I gave the police his description I thought of John. I can only just begin to imagine what you are all going through.

Tamariu

Jul 28, 2007
Winchester
Sue,

I can only sympathise with what you must have felt on Saturday. But it sounds as though you found your Dad safe and well. I'm so pleased for you. It's good to hear of someone who has a happy ending!

Ann

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Thank you Ann. Yes my Dad turned up safe and well. I hardly need say we are all hoping and praying for a similarly happy ending for you.

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Hello Sue

I just wanted to extend my heartfelt relief that your father was found safe and well. I haven't been on the board for a while but it never ceases to amaze me how all of you who are the primary caregivers of family who suffer from Alzheimers dementia, manage to cope... What strength.

I am glad to hear that your situation resolved itself positively.

Louise (John's niece in Canada)

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Louise,

What we went through was just a taste of what you are going through, and it must be worse being so far away. At least I could do something practical, driving around looking for my Dad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

lovexx

cannuck

Aug 5, 2007
Canada
Hello again Sue,

...it has been difficult being so far away. Right now I am waiting for a call regarding my mum's MRI she had a few days ago...we are hoping the news will not be that it is
AD. My mother and dad live in British Columbia, in a different province, and I am dreading how we will cope with this if the news is serious.

It may be the only option, but bringing them back to be closer to us might be the only solution to helping dad cope. They have few supports. Dad is 78y old, and although in relatively good health, we all know that being the primary caregiver is a frightening, frustrating and exhausting thing for anyone, let alone a man of his age...

xx Louise