My nan

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
No SS want me out due to if I stay nan won't let anyone in to help and the council are taken so long to give me somewhere in my name that's why shelter and cab are going to push them to hurry it up

Oh, I see....so your name is still on the tenancy but you can't live there for practical reasons? Because as long as you are there, your nan wants you to do everything?

I see now, I think! I do hope the council get you a place asap Kellie.

Good luck :)

Lindy xx

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Can someone help the hospital won't let my nan come home even when the care package is in place and my nan is saying she wants to come home the X-ray showed no breaks etc they are not doing anything for her she is either left in the chair or in bed when I went in today she was laid in her own wee and poo I could hear nan calling out for a nurse when I was walking to her room they really are not doing anything for her SS are ready to put care package in place but the hospital are not letting her out can someone please tell me what to do as i have called SS today and the hospital are saying my nan can't make up her own mind well she can and she was only meant to be in there for only two weeks I have everything set up in the flat for her and the carers

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hi Kellie-Ann :)

I'm afraid I agree with piph....the hospital wouldn't keep her without a reason.

I imagine they will set up a meeting with you to discuss the situation. Perhaps you could ask the nurse in charge for such a meeting?

Good luck :)

Lindy xx

Pickle20

Feb 19, 2014
It sound like the hospital may be concerned about the fact your nan will be on her own with carers, acute hospital beds are always wanted like the people above have said they don't keep people in unless there is a reason - try not to worry everybody wants what is best for you nan. Contact the social worker and speak to the ward manager express your concerns.

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
The ward manager and head nurse are not very helpful so just waiting for a call from her social worker and I pushed for a night carer as well today which I told the hospital the nurses don't like me very much as I'm frighting my Nan's corner for her I looked at her records when I went in again tonight they have no tests to do her pain has gone they have no need to keep her in

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Kellie-Ann How are things going for you and your Nan? X

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
My nan wants to go into a care home so I just hope she will be happy

I'm sorry to hear this Kellie. I hope your nan will be happy, if she wants to go then that's a good start :)

For you, I hope that once you've got used to a new way of life, you can start doing more for yourself. Perhaps some part time or voluntary work, also relax a bit and and build up your social life :)

Sending you best wishes and hugs

Lindy xx

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Wish I lived near you kellie-ann I'd come and have a cuppa with you right now.
I come here everyday to check up and see how you and nan are.
I think I know exactly how your feeling at them moment. :(
Is there anyone who you could ask to come and stay for a little while so you can get yourself sorted. Hows the house move going any joy?

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Well to top it off the hospital is kicking my nan out of there on the 6th of June SS will not be helping me find a home for my nan I only have days as SS only called me this morning I have called homes and they won't take her as of her different health problems

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Kellie - call your local branch of Alzheimers or the Carers Association and ask for some help.

Apologies but only on for a short while so no time to think of more.

Alzheimer's Society - Southampton and District

Chamberlayne Mews
40 Chamberlayne Road
Eastleigh
SO50 5JH
Public phone:
023 8061 0159
Fax:
023 8064 4853
Email:
southampton@alzheimers.org.uk

Carers Together Southampton

Tel: 01794 519495

www.carerstogether.org.uk

admin@carerstogether.org.uk

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Kellie, I am confused again :confused:

Surely SS should help you find a suitable home for your nan, even if they only provide you with a list, and aren't funding it?

They were willing to put in a care package but won't help you find a home??? :eek:

As Celia says, do phone your local Carers Organisation and please, please get some help.

All the best

Lindy xx

PS ThE hospital has to ensure a safe discharge for your nan, which sounds as though she must either have a care package or a place in a care home. They can't just 'kick her out' :mad:

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
SS will fund it well they will only go up to 480 quid a week I have been to a few SS have said well I wouldn't put my dog in there to live I didn't think they was fit for my nan and I saw how they treated the people in them then the homes had the cheek to ask me not to tell SS what I saw but I did tell them I found one which I found myself I get to have a look tomorrow

2197alexandra

Oct 28, 2013
Sileby
Hi Kellie-ann....

Just thought I'd pop along and see how things are. Nan was coming out of hospital on Friday. Have you found a nice CH for her and more importantly have you also found somewhere nice for YOU to live. I do hope everything is ok.

Kellie-Ann

Apr 22, 2014
Southampton
Sorry this has taken me so long now nan has been in a ch for just over a month now she tells me every time I go there how she hates it some bloke has asked her to marry him lol but she is in a really nice place it's just the home will keep calling me over the most stupidest things and want me to make my way back to the home