Funeral Tomorrow

Lindyloo62

Jan 12, 2014
Yorkshire
Well my mums funeral is tomorrow, not looking forward to it one little bit. This week has been really hard. More downs than ups. I have been wandering about like someone lost, not knowing what to do with my self. :(

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I remember so well my Mum's funeral, BUT we did it and now I can look back and think we couldn't have done better.

I hope in time you are able to think the same.

Wishing you strength for tomorrow.

Clarebach

May 7, 2014
Surviving the day.

My mum's funeral was 2 weeks ago. She had suffered with vascular dementia for 7 years. I know I did everything I could to make her life bearable durring her illness. That gave me great comfort when she passed away. I miss her terribly, but she is now free of all suffering and that too is a comfort. To feel sorrow, you first have to feel love. I am so grateful for mum's love and the memories I now have. All this helped me through her funeral day. I hope it does for you too.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
When I had to speak at my sister's funeral service the lady vicar told me that lots of hairspray got her through most things.....the stiffer her hair the more strength she seemed to have....and I suppose, in her case, it was needed often.
So I wish you a firm hold for a sad day....and I know your Mum would be proud of you.x.x.

Lindyloo62

Jan 12, 2014
Yorkshire
Thank you for your kind words. My cousin read four of mums poems and my youngest son (11) read out something I had written and wanted to read but couldn't. It was simply titled "memories of my mum". He did a fantastic job and we were all so proud of him standing there in front of everyone. My mum would have been very proud too. He loved his nanna so much and wanted to do it for her and me.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm glad everything went as you wanted it to. Well done to your son.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

Sunny7

Nov 28, 2013
West Sussex
Thank you for your kind words. My cousin read four of mums poems and my youngest son (11) read out something I had written and wanted to read but couldn't. It was simply titled "memories of my mum". He did a fantastic job and we were all so proud of him standing there in front of everyone. My mum would have been very proud too. He loved his nanna so much and wanted to do it for her and me.

Aww that is so lovely re your son doing that for you and his beloved Nanna, what a wonderful child you have raised. There are not ever words that can be offered to ease one's sadness at times like this... I loved what Clarebach wrote .. about love.. very apt and sensitive reply. Take care of yourself.. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Well done for helping the funeral go ok. Your Son sounds fantastic-you must be very proud of him. 11 years old! He sounds so mature

I hope that you start to find some peace for yourself now

Take care

Lyn T

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
My mum's funeral was 2 weeks ago. She had suffered with vascular dementia for 7 years. I know I did everything I could to make her life bearable durring her illness. That gave me great comfort when she passed away. I miss her terribly, but she is now free of all suffering and that too is a comfort. To feel sorrow, you first have to feel love. I am so grateful for mum's love and the memories I now have. All this helped me through her funeral day. I hope it does for you too.

My bolding

Very well written words Clarebach-and so true.

Condolences to you for your Mum's passing

Take care

Lyn T

Welcome to TP

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951