knickers

Merrymaid

Feb 21, 2014
Hi I had this problem with Mum and found several soiled pairs stuffed under cupboards, in shoes in the wardrobe and under the mattress. I took the step of moving her onto pull up pants, explaining it was just in case she couldn't get to the loo in the night. She accepted this for the nights and after a while now also uses them for daytime too. At least this way we no longer make discoveries of unpleasant little knicker parcels in unlikely places! :)

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
we found out that mum had just two pairs of knickers several years ago, which was in itself a bit of a mystery. we bought her about 20 pairs of those quite expensive sloggi ones which we knew she loved and about four weeks later there were quite honestly NONE LEFT. I then went and bought loads from the cheap store that begins with P but it turns out she was incontinent so she never used them, instead wearing pull ups.

We never found a single pair of the pricey sloggis.

Pads in knickers prior to this found their way to all sorts of places which were quite unsuitable.

Twoode

Jan 29, 2014
Probably in the dustbin or down the loo, at least they're replaceable. Mum's disposed of our family photo's and documents which used to be in a box in the loft :(

This is so sad. I caught mum tearing our photos up. I was, ashamedly, very upset but i did retrieve a lot, thankfully

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Hi I had this problem with Mum and found several soiled pairs stuffed under cupboards, in shoes in the wardrobe and under the mattress. I took the step of moving her onto pull up pants, explaining it was just in case she couldn't get to the loo in the night. She accepted this for the nights and after a while now also uses them for daytime too. At least this way we no longer make discoveries of unpleasant little knicker parcels in unlikely places! :)

Thanks Merry maid I'll keep a look out not sure what I'm going to do if this situation gets worse tried 3/4 tears ago when my dad was a live to get to wear pull ups she wouldn't have it. Just have to take it on wont I. lindax

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
we found out that mum had just two pairs of knickers several years ago, which was in itself a bit of a mystery. we bought her about 20 pairs of those quite expensive sloggi ones which we knew she loved and about four weeks later there were quite honestly NONE LEFT. I then went and bought loads from the cheap store that begins with P but it turns out she was incontinent so she never used them, instead wearing pull ups.

We never found a single pair of the pricey sloggis.

Pads in knickers prior to this found their way to all sorts of places which were quite unsuitable.
I'm just waiting for it. I think this might be the start of incontinence, theres been signs on and off for ages. Thanks sistermillicent.lindaxx

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
toodle thank goodness you saved the picture, that would have been terrible to lose them. Hard to know what's going on in their heads:(

bilslin

Jan 17, 2014
hertforshire
Hi only me we stopped eating in mums years ago:eek: my kids wont let her touch a thing in my kitchen. Never seen them move so fast to do stuff loo. lindaxx

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
This is so sad. I caught mum tearing our photos up. I was, ashamedly, very upset but i did retrieve a lot, thankfully

My FIL tore up and chucked out a load of old photos and family tree info, including letters etc. from the 1800s. It had all been painstakingly collected by MIL's brother before he died. Thank heaven we found them and had to spend hours putting them all back together - OH was livid with him since he thought he knew perfectly well what he was doing and I think he was probably right - this was at a v early stage of dementia. At the same time FIL would obsessively hoard old paint tins with half an inch of dried up paint, and the oval cardboard bits from Kleenex boxes - handy for shopping lists! But he had always tended to be perverse...

copsham

Oct 11, 2012
Oxfordshire
When my mother became incontinent I kept having to look for where the smell was coming from - invariably a pair of soiled knickers stuffed somewhere! I bought her lovely big knickers with pretty lace from M and S hoping she would like/keep them but no joy. We now have cheapy knickers which at times become disposable knckrts!! LOL:)

Sunny7

Nov 28, 2013
West Sussex
Knickers galore

Oh someone else with the phenomena of missing knickers!! Well I don't now as such as I have to hide Mum's clothes as I take them off her each night.. but up until last year when she was still undressing herself at night, she would hide the knickers! I have lost probably about 8 pairs.. no idea where they went to! She used to try and wash them out but of course being blind she could not see to do this properly. When I said to her mum I have to take these and wash them properly in the machine.. she would be rattled at me and have a go.. saying to me how on earth did I think they managed in the day before washing machines.. I said yes I get that but you were not blind then!!! I would find them hanging to dry on the shower or on her bedside table drawer knobs. eeh gads! I have found some tucked away in the wardrobe and others in various drawers but the others are a mystery............ :D

Raggedrobin

Jan 20, 2014
My mum has support tights and has been chucking them out at the nursing home at a rate of knots, and they are so expensive! She has a load of brand new pairs and of course the staff weren't to know that they weren't laddered. It was probably getting them soiled in some way that got her into the habit of binning them.

Annmac, a 'runaway train' is exactly how I feel about my Mum at the moment, v good way of putting it.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
We had a 'new' knickers incident yesterday - Mil had an accident and so flushed a pair down the loo :( She managed to somehow get them to flush out of sight and out of reach, came and told me immediately what she had done, and I am now waiting for them to cause a blockage, somewhere along the pipes :( We have an absolutely irritating neighbour, a bloke who fusses and flaps and pesters over nothing (one of his latest was complaining that when it rains, the rainwater on our drive runs onto his, because our road is on a slight hill - I think he was seriously expecting us to do something about gravity!) and I'm betting the blockage will probably occur at the point where the drains from our house meet his, on his drive, and which will cause an overflow . . . if it does, we wont hear the last of it for flipping months :(

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
We had a 'new' knickers incident yesterday - Mil had an accident and so flushed a pair down the loo :( She managed to somehow get them to flush out of sight and out of reach, came and told me immediately what she had done, and I am now waiting for them to cause a blockage, somewhere along the pipes :( We have an absolutely irritating neighbour, a bloke who fusses and flaps and pesters over nothing (one of his latest was complaining that when it rains, the rainwater on our drive runs onto his, because our road is on a slight hill - I think he was seriously expecting us to do something about gravity!) and I'm betting the blockage will probably occur at the point where the drains from our house meet his, on his drive, and which will cause an overflow . . . if it does, we wont hear the last of it for flipping months :(

Swear blind they are not yours and must have come from his house.

Isabella

Jan 4, 2014
Oh grief, I suppose I should have expected this to be a common problem. I spent the morning searching the house for mum's missing pants. Never thought about her flushing them though!

When people asking me on Mondays how my weekend was, I think about the delightful dementia related issues I've been dealing with and don't know whether to life or cry at that naive little question....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko