Blood test results

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Husband had routine bloods because the paramedics had concerns about his glucose levels. Took some doing to get him to agree for two years he has flatly refused .They haven't written to say there is cause for concern but as a life long drinker we know there is damage.
I was there myself yesterday and asked the receptionist who said 'I'm not allowed to tell you' Understandably I hasten to add. On previous occasions doctors have refused to tell me unless they tell husband and his attitude is he doesn't want to know.He's housebound so no chance of finding out by a visit.
So is there any way for me to find out? Am putting off ringing Dr because based on past experience they will probably say no.
It doesn't make any real difference I suppose but I would like to know how things are progressing. Who knows maybe they have improved and I could award myself a much needed pat on the back for drastically reducing his alcohol intake!!!!

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Talking Point mobile app

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Bemused, hi
I became a 'carer' on hubbies records at the GP and that allowed me to have all the information necessary, well all the information that they would have given him. I did it before the diagnosis of dementia.

I suspect that different GPs call it different things but if you explain the situation and ask to be put on your husband's records as 'someone to be informed' then there shouldn't be any problems with you getting results of his tests.

I hope you can sort this out as it's another irritation that you can do without. Take care of yourself.
With best wishes from Jo

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Would your husband be agreeable to writing or signing a letter giving them permission to discuss things with you.

I did this with dads permission, he doesn't have dementia.

It may be that the practice have a special form for this, ours doesn't . I just had to hand the completed dated and signed letter to the receptionist after telling her what it was for.
I have had to speak to receptionist over the phone regarding results of his tests etc.
was asked if I was his daughter, had to give my name. and had no problems.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
My husband's doctor is really caring. We are so lucky. He had an appt a week ago and flatly refused to attend so I went to the surgery to leave an apology for the doctor (phone lines aways engaged). Receptionist suggested I take the appt and talk to the GP which I did. He was very understanding and we discussed my husband's condition in great length following which he suggested coming to the house to examine him, take bloods, etc, which he did and says he is happy to do so in the future. I think with our GPs that when they got notice of his diagnosis of severe mixed types several years ago they decided to deal with me on his behalf. I also hold LPAs so I suppose that helps too. Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Talking Point mobile app