The Death of my Mother

alirob

Mar 11, 2007
warwick
My Mother died on Bank Holiday Monday.

I really want to let everyone know how peacefully my Mother died and give comfort to those who are fearing the death of their loved ones. Mum had more advanced Alzhimer's than could ever consider possibly be imagined. In her final moments, before her final breath, she opened her eyes and looked at my father, my sister and me and we know she knew we were there. It was the saddest of moments but we draw immense comfort from the serenity of her death. She was not in pain as life finally left her and we gain strength from knowing that she is know whole again and at Peace.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear alirob,

I would like to offer my sincere condolences on the death of your mother, and thank you for your unselfishness in offering comfort to others at the time of your own grief.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear alirob, thank you for telling us so movingly about the death of your mother.

As you say, she is whole again, and at peace. I hope you and your father can find that same peace as you remember her.

Love,

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thinking of you Alirob. Pleased that your mothers death was so peaceful -
Love Helen

plastic scouser

Sep 22, 2006
Hale Village, Liverpool
Hi Alirob - sorry to hear of your sad news...

The only thing that can somehow make things better is the knowledge that your Mum passed away in peace.

The same thing happened with my Dad - I live in Liverpool and Dad was in hospital in King'sLynn. I got a call from the hospital to say that Dad had taken a turn for the worse and that things did not look good. When I got to King's Lynn some 3.5hrs later after a mad drive down the M6 he was still with us and fortunately Mum had made it to the hospital. It was probably only an hour or so later that he too passed away in complete peace - his breathing just got slower & slower and quieter and quiter until eventually it just simply stopped.

All the nursing staff said to me at the time it was as if he was waiting for me to arrive and be there with Mum. I take great comfort in the fact that I was there - having seen how distraught my wife was when her Father died suddenly 6 months previously...

I hope that you'll treasure this moment in a strange way - I still look back on this moment and smile - I'm so glad I was with Dad when he went up to heaven....

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Alirob,
My sincere condolences on the death of your mother. It was very heartwarming to read your post and it reminds us all that, whilst death is hard for those left behind, it is indeed a blessing for the one who leaves.

May your memories of your beloved mother comfort you and yours in the days ahead.

MelissaParker

Aug 11, 2007
So sorry to hear that you have lost your mother.

Thankyou so much for sharing this. We are currently having to face up to the inevitable end with our dad when it finally comes and the most frightening thing for us is not knowing what to expect.

Whilst we realise that the end might not be the same for everyone, we can draw comfort from knowing that it can be peaceful.

My thoughts are with you x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear alirob,
I would like to pass on my sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. So pleased that your mum's passing was so peaceful and you were all able to draw comfort. Thinking of you. Taffy.

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Alirob

It is very thoughtful and generous of you to post this message, it is so reassuring for those of us still on the journey and sincere condolences at your lost. It must be very comforting for you to know that your mother is now at peace.

Dear Plastic Scouser,

It is interesting that the nursing staff said that your Dad was waiting for you to arrive, as I had this when my best friend was dying (of cancer) and I had to dash 100 miles to be with her as I had promised she would not be alone when the moment came. She died half an hour after I arrived and the nurses said the same thing - at the time I though they were "just saying that" but other conversatoins and your message have confirmed that this really does happen.

RussellC

Jul 6, 2006
Dear Alirob

My condolences to you. I am pleased that in the end your mother had a peaceful death.

We were similarly fortunate in that, having gone through the awful disease, the end was just a pause in breathing.

Best wishes to you and your family

Russell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet