Aggressive and argumenative on return from Day Centre

Hengell

Jun 2, 2013
We have noticed the last few weeks that. Um gets quite argumenative and aggressive on her return from day centre. We have put it down ro the fact that she is probably overtired plus the bus in her opinion drops her off at tge wrong stop as she is now living with us. Every tues and fri we get this, we do try to change the subject etc, but its mostly these days, she keeps asking for us to take her home to her house. She is on anti osychotic drugs as requested by respite as she would not settle at night. We get the same problem here of trying to get her togo to bed she will fall asleep on the chair and wont budge, saying shes not asleep. We now all pretend togo to bed, well we dogo to bed but watch tv etc upstairs. When she goes to sleep she does sleep all night since the change in meds. Anyone else had similar probs or got any suggestions

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I did want to read and run but have no real advice. Is it only the days when she is at day care that she wants to go "home"? I'm guessing she is quite tired. Do you say yes ok in a while then distract by something like having a cuppa? Distraction always seems to be the advice on here as well as little white lies to help out to keep the person calm and as happy as if possible.
I'm sure someone with some proper experience and advice will be along soon x

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
No advice but Mum apparently was so difficult after attending day-care that Dad withdrew her.

I've no personal knowledge of Mum's behaviour then, though, and Dad's enthusiasm for the day-care was at best lukewarm.

gerry200

Jan 19, 2014
Cumbria
As I type, I am sitting in darkness with the curtains closed against the lovely bright sunlight pretending that it's late!!It's so difficult to get mother to bed anyway, but especially in summer. We have all sorts of ploys from yawning and saying what a tiring day it's been and how tired she must be after being so busy, how lucky she is to use the bathroom first before everyone else gets to use it and making jokes about age before beauty, to not mentioning bed at all but just doing each step along the way. As regards daycentre, my mother does get really tired too and badly behaved afterwards. I try and get her to have a snooze when she gets back by making the room really warm, putting something boring on telly and covering her in a fleecy blanket. It doesn't always work, but I need her to go to day centre as I need the break. It's just about worth the hassle!