My dad is losing his battle

Kate and jack

Jan 19, 2014
Southend on sea in essex
Just read all posts and felt your anguish as to needing your lovely dad to pass....I bet you feel an enourmous relief now ,but sadness too....look after yourself and I hope you can finally built a life without the long turmoil that most of us endure .love Nicci xxx

Catfly

Oct 27, 2012
Thank you to everyone for your support. Keeping busy has helped over the last couple of days. So much to do! Dad's funeral is arranged and we are taking him home to Edinburgh for it. He lived here with me for the last few years but always wanted to go home so that's what is happening. So much kindness from everyone when making arrangements and contacting official bodies. All except HMRC who of course reminded me that tax will be due on income between April and May - thank you for this reminder!!!

On my own today so can cry when I like. Going to care home to begin to sort out dad's belongings. They're not pushing me to do it but I need to do it and no point putting it off.

To everyone out there battling through dementia good luck. It's the worst disease there ever could be and a cure is such a long way off.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hello, you are managing to find a balance here, I think, between grief and the practical.
I think you are being so kind taking Dad home for his final rest. I hope you have people there to support you. Take care. Love Maureen.x.