Feeling down

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Today my mum said she wants to commit suicide and I told her that's exactly what I want to do. Today is a particularly bad day I shall be fine tomorrow but today I feel like nothing on earth

Sorry everyone for the downbeat message

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sasky

It's terrible for you and your mum to feel so down and I'm glad you felt able to come to TP to post., ther is no need to apologise.

It's good you feel this is a passing mood but if you don't feel better please be sure to ask for help. Xx

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
I don't know what to say. Please, please seek some help.Sending lots of ((((((((cuddles ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) it's all I have to send you.o and a bouquet. Loveus2

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Attachments

• 1399129603494.jpg
    1399129603494.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 395

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
We all have good days and bad days, unfortunately today you are not feeling so good and nor is your Mum.
It is a beautiful day outside here. Why not take a stroll together and listen to the birds twitter. I hope you are feeling better very soon . Take care.

Boldredrosie

Mar 13, 2012
I hear you Sasky but don't do anything rash. The moment will pass.

If it's any consolation to you I had my mother (with dementia) going on at me today (can't even remember what now), I was trying to reason with her, my teenage boy came into the room, yelled at me to shut up, told his grandmother to drop dead. I remonstrated with him, he called me a moron (& not for the first time) and I quite literally saw red and leapt at him. I'm 5'6" 150lbs and he's 6' 225lbs so it's not like I could actually hurt him but really shouldn't have shoved him or yelled at him.:(

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Sasky I know it is awful, my husband who is in a nursing home has twice this week expressed the wish to die and be with his Mother and Father. Our daughter was really distressed.

About an hour later he asked if his Mother was coming to see us. I said yes when she returned from the hairdressers, he smiled and drank his cup of tea. Hopefully your Mother's thoughts were just as fleeting. It is upsetting, I went and had coffee with a friend and talked about it. Do you have anyone you can chat to? If not come back on here and have a chat, we are all ready to listen, we do it well. TP is the place to go when struggling.

Lots of good vibes coming your way,

Jay

Sasky

Jan 29, 2014
Ashford, Kent
Dear all thank you for your support and kind words. Today has been difficult my mum tends to express her wish to die when I either can't do what she wants me to immediately or like today when I did react to her being UNKNOWINGLY unreasonable. Most days I deal with it fine but today I am ashamed to say I was also being unreasonable.
Like many of you I do feel isolated and alone at times. My husband struggles with it my brother and sister are mostly invisible so today
I did react to her wish to commit suicide by stating I wanted to do that also.

I have just opened a bottle of wine and had a glass and am reflecting on my behaviour in reacting to my mums verbal aggression and unreasonable behaviour, she cannot help it so I do feel so ashamed for not showing my usual compassion. I will say sorry to my darling mum and try very hard to do what I usually do and walk away when I feel like retorting.

Thanks everyone for listening to me ranting it is a great comfort having you all as virtual friends

Cathy

Pickle20

Feb 19, 2014
I do hope you are feeling better, try not to question yourself too much, your mum is hurting as are you maybe you shouldn't have said it but you have told your mum that you are also hurting too, this isn't always a bad thing. Very often people feel they are alone in a situation and your mum may not be able to realise or recognise how you are feeling and how this is also affecting you. My nan (doesn't have Dementia) seems to disregard that as a family we are upset about grandad (mixed dementia) and how this makes us feel!

Tomorrow is another day, try to relax have a bath put some nice music on and forget about today =)

Vesnina

Aug 25, 2013
All of you bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for being here for all of us.

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
You are being a human simple as that. We all fail at times. We are not able to be perfect and say the right things all the time. Be kind to yourself. Have another glass of wine and FORGIVE yourself xxx. We all totally understand your feelings and you snapping frustration. Xxx

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
Sasky, what everyone has posted to you sums up everything that I would like to have said, so I have nothing further to say except to reiterate - be kind to yourself - we none of us are super human but are somehow expected to be & are most of the time, the occasional slip up is to be expected.