Pip 6 months and still waiting

Katyshaw

Apr 21, 2014
I was just wondering if anyone was having trouble when claim pip benefit. My mothering law was diagnosed with early dementia in July!

She had walked out of her job in May which was very out and character and raised concerns with me and her sons.
We then realized she had not been receiving any benefits. We have a lady that has helped us with the pip forms that the doctors put us in touch with but it seems to be taking forever we are now six month in and they have still not got anywhere! As this is the first instance we have all come into contact with the benefit system! Feeling very helpless as it seems a unreasonable length of time! And she is currently only receiving ESA which only just covers her bills.

Does anyone no of any other benefit that are available to her?
And any advice as to speed up the pip claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

janma221

Apr 23, 2013
Powys
Sorry I don't know all the benefits she can claim just answered to put your post near the top again. Have you tried the Citizens Advice Bureau or maybe the Dept of Work & Pensions they should be able to point you in the right direction.
Good luck
Jan xxx

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I know there are delays and a friend of mine waited 8 months before she got any payment,

Have you tried phoning them direct,
CAB or Age UK will tell you what other benefits your mother-in-law can claim,

Last edited:

Katyshaw

Apr 21, 2014
Thanks Peggy
The whole thing is very disappointing and I can't help but think there are people suffering unnecessarily.
my mothering law is fortunate to have four sons and between us all we have all had to help out financial to ensure the mortgage gets paid.
As I have no POA it is difficult to be allowed to speak with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti