I won! I won!

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Lyn, hi
What wonderful news, work with people who will work with you and the best results happen. You now have a good team moving forward, congratulations!

I'm so pleased for you and Pete, the future looks brighter, what could be better.
With kindest, warmest regards from Jo

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Brilliant news Lyn. Perseverance pays off! Well done, you must be thrilled.

Jan x

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Gosh Lyn,
When I read the title of your thread, for a moment I thought you had won the lottery!
But this is even better! Well done and congratulations. You and Pete so deserve this win.

x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thanks for all your best wishes everyone

Despite all the well deserved bad press about CHC I've been very fortunate with the two people I have met from my area. The man who chaired the CHC assessment and the lady yesterday were both no nonsense people. They had a 'if he needs it he gets it attitude'=how I wish you people had these two on your side. There appears to be a huge discrepancy across the UK and that's just not right.

My biggest surprise was the 'dementia experts' from the CMHT who are insulting/patronising/ill informed half wits (IMO).They did more harm than good. They had an agenda for Pete (possibly to enable them to tick their boxes-and withdraw their services) They tried to cause trouble between myself and the CH staff-luckily we had a pow wow early on as both sides realised what was happening. They criticised the care P was given at the CH, which I've never had to complain about, and they are heartless.

Thank goodness, out of the 6 people sat round the table yesterday, 5 were against the move. I will never forgive that one person for the grief she has given me and the harm she could have done to Pete if she had got her won way.

I hope your nights have not been too bad and your days will be ok

Take care

Lyn T

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Great news - so pleased, and just sorry you had to go through all that stress to achieve it xxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Despite all the well deserved bad press about CHC I've been very fortunate with the two people I have met from my area. The man who chaired the CHC assessment and the lady yesterday were both no nonsense people. They had a 'if he needs it he gets it attitude'=how I wish you people had these two on your side. There appears to be a huge discrepancy across the UK and that's just not right.
I'm thinking of poppiing over the border Lyn!
Again, well done to you, the home and your CHC supporters. x

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm thinking of poppiing over the border Lyn!
Again, well done to you, the home and your CHC supporters. x

You would be most welcome:D

How I wish it was so easy for everyone else. It was probably luck on my side though as I know people who live in my area who has a relative as badly affected as Pete and they had a torrid time with wrong info/uninformed assessors etc. They didn't even pass the checklist due to CH not keeping very good records. Terrible

Take care

Lyn T

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Great news for you and Peter. Better than a Lottery win.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It sounds like great news, if it means that Pete won't be moved. I'm confused by all the appreviations. Who are all these groups? CMHT? CHC? And why did any of them think they could just decide to move him from the care home, if you and the Care Home were happy with the arrangement?

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
It sounds like great news, if it means that Pete won't be moved. I'm confused by all the appreviations. Who are all these groups? CMHT? CHC? And why did any of them think they could just decide to move him from the care home, if you and the Care Home were happy with the arrangement?

CHC is Continuing Healthcare -the NHS now pay for P's care and are able to place P in another CH if they have good reasons.

CMHT-is Community Mental Health Team who have been visiting P to give back up to the CH. They visit one hour a day and think they know it all (IMO). They arranged the meeting with CH staff CHC and me as they were insisting that P was disturbed by living in a small environment-err no:eek: He's disturbed by his severe level AD and Bipolar1.

CMHT have tunnel vision and however often the Carers and I told them he would be the same where ever he was they proceeded :mad:

Long story cut short=CMHT overuled by CPN, CH Manager, CH Assistant Manager and myself, and importantly CHC lady.

Result I think

Hope you have a better day today Lady A

Take care

Lyn T

geum123

May 20, 2009
Congratulations Lyn. :)
That must be an absolutely enormous relief for you. xxx