My Mum Lost Her Fight....................

cheryl k

Sep 9, 2012
My Mum lost her fight

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. What a wonderful daughter you have been to your Mum.

Cheryl

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Dear SWMBO

I rarely log on anymore but was v sad this evg to learn of your mum's recent passing. 99 is such a tremendous age to reach & am sure largely down to all the good care you provided. I know you looked after her for some years with enormous perseverance and devotion and am just glad she ended her days where she wanted to be - in her own home, something many of us can't achieve. Hope you are bearing up ok and wishing you strength during the forthcoming days. Pxx

Last edited:

SoyHJ

Mar 16, 2013
I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mum. She's with your Dad at peace at last. Xxxxx

islandtrees

Jun 17, 2013
Canvey Island, Essex
mum&dad together in peace

Try to take some comfort as your parents are together again in a far better place than this! You couldn't have done any more&in time you will be able to remember some happy times. Much love, from Teresa x By the way I'm an Essex girl as well, Canvey Island xx My Dad wont be for this world much longer either, Mum doesn't understand though, she's 84&completely in denial. He's not eating or drinking, wont get up so we're all in the same boat. My Mum's really struggling&is determined to keep him at home but it's killing her, what can you do?:(

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
Canvey is about 20 minutes from me :)

Your words below ring too many bells. I do hope your mum has some carers coming in as it is a lot to do on your own. Mum ended up with 3 calls per day plus me and I stayed for however long necessary. The District Nurses seemed to be dropping in more often too and despite telling me she probably had a few weeks it was only about 10 days and in the necest possible way I am pleased it was not too long and drawn out.

I hope you Mum is ok and more importantly your dads suffering comes to an end sooner rather than later - it is really hard to watch :(

Best Wishes xx

Try to take some comfort as your parents are together again in a far better place than this! You couldn't have done any more&in time you will be able to remember some happy times. Much love, from Teresa x By the way I'm an Essex girl as well, Canvey Island xx My Dad wont be for this world much longer either, Mum doesn't understand though, she's 84&completely in denial. He's not eating or drinking, wont get up so we're all in the same boat. My Mum's really struggling&is determined to keep him at home but it's killing her, what can you do?:(

Polly1945

Oct 24, 2012
Hereford
Dear SWMBO

Just logged on tonight -first time for weeks.

So sorry to hear of the loss, but pleased that your Mum stayed in her own home until the very end and at 99 that's amazing. You've been a wonderful daughter and you will be able to hold your head up high for all the love and care you have given your Mum.

Lovely to think of your mum and dad together again.

Look after yourself, you deserve a good rest now.

love
Pauline
x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso