feeling flat

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Hope you're feeling better, Sarah. I agree with Sylvia, slow down a bit! Why not just go for a nice walk with your camera now the sun's shining? You are more important than the ironing or the weeding.

Hugs for you xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Dear Sarah

Sorry to read you're feeling low but hope maybe the sunshine has brightened your spirits today because you did mine. I was very 'slow and vague' this morning - nothing new;) and thought of you and that I must shift, go and light my candle and go for a walk - battery candle is still burning and I did have a walk, took some photos and feel much brighter and saw a redkite too. If the photo's any good I'll post it.

love
Sue

Last edited:

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
I get up early to have extra fags and coffee, NEVER to do the ironing. You deserve a medal Sarah.

Hope today was a better day. x

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Sarah

I have had many of these bad days over the last three years, and went through a one over the weekend. Its pretty awful as there is nothing anyone can do to get you out of it.

I guess its a case of trying to keep going one way or another.

I find that if I have something to bury myself in, I can usually sort myself out.

Over the last few weeks I have been dementia friends training with my wife, and confess that I really lost interest, but I am starting to get involved again.

I do wonder if all the chest infections caused me more trouble than I realised, and they have gone on for the last year.

I lost interest in everything during the worst part but I am hopeful that this is all behind me.

I do hope that you are feeling a bit happier in yourself today

Best Wishes

Ken

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sarah,

I hope that when you are low you know you are loved:) if I get low i usually thank G-d that I can be low in peace!!!

My ironing pile is awaiting attention. I hope you feel more and more uplifted as the days pass.

Love and a hug

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Hi Sarah

I find that if I have something to bury myself in, I can usually sort myself out.

Over the last few weeks I have been dementia friends training with my wife, and confess that I really lost interest, but I am starting to get involved again.

I can really identify with this Ken, I try to keep myself occupied

I am so glad that your wife is doing the dementia friends info sessions I feel a bit more up beat this week after going on the Champions course

Sorry about your chest infections

Best wishes Sarah

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s good to see you back on the Forum Ken.

I understand the good and bad days and feel you should be able to allow yourself to give in to the bad days and enjoy the good days.

There does`t seem any way to control them.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Sadly one of my best friends who has stood by me through thick and thin found out that he grandson aged 20 died yesterday

I don't know anymore, she text me late last night and asked me not to ring her

I have text her and sent a facebook private message to say that I am there for her any time of the day or night. I don't know what to say so I said I didnt know what to say but that I am there for her.

Such a waste of a young life I have known him since he was 18 months.

feeling very sad

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
So sorry for your friends loss.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sarah, how tragic and sad. I'm sure over the coming weeks you will be able to support your friend. Prayers, love and Hugs. xxx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Sorry to read your post Sarah, and of your friend's and your loss.
love
Sue

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
So Very Sorry ......................

Sarah for you & your friend & what sad news , sending much Love , Peace & Comfort to you & your friend

Much Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x x x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sarah how terribly sad. I know you will be there for your friend when she needs you. Sending hugs. x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sarah...there are no words to say how sad this news is. You are a true friend and you will be able to bring comfort to your friend just by being yourself.x.x.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Sarah I just want to say that I understand, I lost a niece just 8 months old and am devastated, her parents' are such an inspiration to me, I don't know how they could be so strong. The theme of the funeral was to celebrate her life and not to mourn her death. I have no idea where they found such courage but I totally admire them for it.

They wanted colourful clothes at the funeral, to remember the joy she brought to so many people's lives in the short time she was here. I can't pretend to share their courage but I do understand your grief.

I am so sorry for your loss.