Dad now at peace

cookiebabe

Jul 18, 2013
My lovely Dad passed away on Friday evening following yet another chest infection. The last few weeks have been horrible for him . He has been in and out of hospital. He was 75 and had been in a CH since October, so I am grateful he hasn't had to suffer too long. We spent Friday morning with him as the CH thought he was possibly fading away. He seemed to rally round and had something to eat and drink. Mum and i left thinking he wasn't ready to leave us yet. Sadly I got a phone call from the CH at 6.05pm to say to get there fast but we arrived 15 minutes too late, but I am grateful we saw him that day. I am also grateful he didn't get to the stage of being unable to swallow or walk around. He was a lovely man who was taken by a horrible horrible diease. We all loved him so much and I have to be strong for my poor Mum. Love you Dad RIP. No longer suffering xxx

Mouse2014

Mar 9, 2014
I'm sorry to hear your sad news..

At least your Dad is at peace now..

thoughts are with you and your family
mouse x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I am so sorry that you have lost your Dad, but I am so pleased that he, and you, were not left to suffer and struggle at the end.
It's so hard to lose your Daddy.... at any age. Thinking of you.x.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read about your dad. I'm glad he's at peace now.

Sending condolences and wishing you peace. x

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Please accept my condolences. I wasn't there when my dad passed away, but like you had seen him earlier that day. I'm sure he is now at peace and hope you and your mum can, in time, find peace.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm sorry for your loss. It's nice that you were able to see him on Friday. You did your best. Take care of yourself now.

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
sorry for the loss of you Dad...glad he is not suffering any more and is at peace...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09