A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Well, I do - hence the first part of my post.
You, however, have more cause.
I hope you have a nice day over there Sylvia so that perhaps a walk by the sea might help chase the demons away.
For the second day, we have thick fog which will hopefully clear into sun and blue skies. love xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We have fog too Saffie although it is clearing.

Saffie I don`t think I have more cause than anyone to feel low. You certainly have a lot on your plate with your own health issues and constant worry about Dave.

We all have our share, different shares but just as concerning.

My mood has lifted now. Once again TP has proved to be the best place to come when I feel self pity. It`s much better than worrying Paul.

I need to go to Ramsgate today. I think I will walk. Love to everyone here. :)

Thank you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I fell yesterday when walking S in the wood so will be hobbling around there today! x

Oh dear Saffie. That`s awful. It`s such a shock when you fall . It takes ages before you can get up again. I hope you are all right.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
It may also have something to do with blood sugar, which may be low after several hours without food. It's an excuse to eat cake for breakfast anyway :).

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
I know that walk into Ramsgate over Dumpton Bay is it and through the park. It's glorious and one of our favourite doggy days out. Enjoy:) x

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I know I am accepting
it is a quality in you Sylvia I have always seen and part of the accepting is:

I'm allowed to feel sad
it is strange how we have to give ourselves permission to do that which is natural and human, but we do.

Enjoy your walk Sylvia and I hope it heals some of the sadness you feel.

Love
Sue

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Sylvia-enjoy your walk. I hope the sun has come out for you.

Saffie-sorry to hear about your fall. Just bruises I hope.

Take care ladies

Lyn T

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I walked to Ramsgate. Yes maryw, it was the walk you know. :)

When I was arranging Dhiren`s funeral I wanted an Indian Garland of Marigolds for his coffin. Marigolds were not in season in January so we compromised with orange Gerbera.

orange-gerbera.jpg

This morning, as I was walking down our avenue, still feeling pretty vulnerable, on the pavement, directly in my path, I saw...........

Marigold from pavement .jpg

I don`t know how it got there, there were no Marigolds in the surrounding gardens, but I picked it up, wrapped it in a tissue and brought it home.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I walked to Ramsgate. Yes maryw, it was the walk you know. :)

When I was arranging Dhiren`s funeral I wanted an Indian Garland of Marigolds for his coffin. Marigolds were not in season in January so we compromised with orange Gerbera.

This morning, as I was walking down our avenue, still feeling pretty vulnerable, on the pavement, directly in my path, I saw...........

I don`t know how it got there, there were no Marigolds in the surrounding gardens, but I picked it up, wrapped it in a tissue and brought it home.

Aah, Sylvia, these funny things happen a lot. :) I hope you enjoyed your walk. x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I'm not religious but do believe that things like the marigold are signs they are still with us and now Dhiren is looking after you again.

A fishing bailiff was teaching my son to fish, he showed him a particular berry that the fish feed on. The next time I went to Dad's grave, there was that berry tree hanging over Dad's grave only. I believe it was Dad telling me he was watching over the grandson he'd never met.

I just believe in those things but am prepared to be told to have a lie down.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm not religious but do believe that things like the marigold are signs they are still with us and now Dhiren is looking after you again.

A fishing bailiff was teaching my son to fish, he showed him a particular berry that the fish feed on. The next time I went to Dad's grave, there was that berry tree hanging over Dad's grave only. I believe it was Dad telling me he was watching over the grandson he'd never met.

I just believe in those things but am prepared to be told to have a lie down.

I have no religion either-but at the same time I believe in people watching over us and receiving signs.It's a feeling deep inside of me and I don't think it will ever go away.

Take care

Lyn T

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I have no religion either-but at the same time I believe in people watching over us and receiving signs.It's a feeling deep inside of me and I don't think it will ever go away.

Take care

Lyn T

I am sure of it too Lyn, there have been too many coincidences like the berries just feel it in my bones. I don't want it to go away it's comforting.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad your walk helped Sylvia.
There are so many more things in the world than we can every fully understand and I always have an open mind to any phenonema that occur.
I am glad the marigold was there and today too, when you were feeling vulnerable. xxx

(Thank all who have mentioned my fall. I am sore but will survive to no doubt fall again!:eek:)

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I see the marigold as an earthly symbol of Dhiren's presence still with you, treasure it. As you know I have had a few experiences which make me believe David's spirit will never leave me. I trust you will feel the same :) and it makes the loss slightly easier to bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba